unknown source of usb freezes

Jamebonds1

now i am back at suspecting the mobo... its a cheap Asus p8h61. is there any way i can test it for faults? i tried some diagnostics tools but i am a bit in the dark.

i had someone build my setup for me and now i pay the price for being to lazy to do it myself... i am thinking of getting a better motherboard but i still wanna know if i can keep this one for my bro's pc. thanks everybody for the help so far...

wait. Where did you connection xBox 360 or other USB device? Back panel or front panel?

sburatorul

wait. Where did you connection xBox 360 or other USB device? Back panel or front panel?

i got the xbox in the back pannel and the keyboard and mouse on the front pannel

but when they go out, they all go out.

did some research into bios settings, seems my ram memory was running at a freq that was exceeding the motherboard capacity. dunno if that had anything to do with it, but no crashes since than, 24h.

i will let you know if more chrashes.

Jamebonds1

i got the xbox in the back pannel and the keyboard and mouse on the front pannel

but when they go out, they all go out.

did some research into bios settings, seems my ram memory was running at a freq that was exceeding the motherboard capacity. dunno if that had anything to do with it, but no crashes since than, 24h.

i will let you know if more chrashes.

I mean. Do USB working on back or front panel? have you try plug keyboard and mouse on back panel?

sburatorul

no freezes since i tuned the RAM frequency... hopefully thats the last of the problems... still, i want a new mobo since my ram is working at 1060 or so and it should work at 1600hz but the mobo cant take it.

sburatorul

a few months later but better late thna never... changed the power source 2 moths ago and no crashes since.

Installed a Corsair GS 600 and all is good. thanks everyone!