Unlimited storage, Energy Matrix?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeti

VIP Member
THeres also many differient views on the universe. Since no one has gone to the "end" of the universe no one can even begin to guess. That and we cant even come close to :seeing: the end of the universe.
Let me reiterate - the big bang, the beggining of space-time, implies a finite universe.

Motoxrdude

Yeti said:
Let me reiterate - the big bang, the beggining of space-time, implies a finite universe.
PLease dont spam my post. If you want to let me know about anything, or have any contraversys about me, please PM me. Thanks.

Back on subject: Has any one heard about this unlimited energy matrix by chance?

ceewi1

VIP Member
I think you may be talking about Quantum computing.

http://www.physorg.com/news10079.html
http://physics.nist.gov/MajResProj/QuantumInfo/quantum.html

NIST said:
a 300-qubit system can store more information in quantum superposition than could be stored classically by using as bits all 10^80 baryons that make up the entire universe.

Technically not unlimited, but with exponential growth in the storage capacity as qubits are added, you're looking at more storage capacity than could ever be needed. It's not going to happen by 2010 though!

Motoxrdude

hahah, thanks a lot dude. I didnt mean to say it would be out by 2010, but would be in a testing state. Thanks a lot.

Omicron

Einstein's believed in a static universe, this was later empirically disproved by Edwin Hubble as he observed an expanding universe through the galaxies' spectra with their distances, and showed that the amount of "red shift" was proportional to distance.

Hubble explanation for the "red shift" was that the galaxies were receding from Earth and each other, and the farther the galaxy, the faster the recession.

Hence an expanding universe.....

Omicron

Encore4More said:
um... there is no evidence of a big bang... as a matter of fact, evolution has no way to back up it's theory... as a matter of fact evolution does not pass as a theory! evolution is scientificly NOT a theory (this is argued by many scholars)

This is proven in the scientific method:

In the scientific method, a person starts by making observations. The person then develops a hypothesis to explain those observations or to answer a question. The person (often with the help of others) then designs experiments to test the hypothesis. After the hypothesis has been tested by a
significant amount of data and is consistent with all of it, then it becomes theory. After more testing with generations of data, the theory could become a scientific law.

evolution does not pass the qualifications of being a theory, and it obviously doesn't pass as being a scientific law...

therefore we cannot use the big bang as an example of how something works as the big bang is a extremely random idea started by a bunch of people that didn't want:mad: to beileive creationism:)

Actually scientific observations are all empirically based as far in as humans can precieve. The scientific method is bound by vigorous constraints, which makes it extremely accurate.

Although there is no direct evidence for the big bang, there are things like cosmic background radition, so based on observation of the universe around us the clues seem to lead to some initial singularity.

Encore4More said:
evolution does not pass the qualifications of being a theory

And creationism does?

Encore4More said:
therefore we cannot use the big bang as an example of how something works as the big bang is a extremely random idea started by a bunch of people that didn't want:mad: to beileive creationism:)

Didn't want to, or just refused to blindly accept what was preached to them, these are men like Galileo who went against the church in the name of science....and well we all know how that turned out.

Last edited:

Motoxrdude

Omicron said:
Actually scientific observations are all empirically based as far in as humans can precieve. The scientific method is bound by vigorous constraints, which makes it extremely accurate.

Although there is no direct evidence for the big bang, there are things like cosmic background radition, so based on observation of the universe around us the clues seem to lead to some initial singularity.

And creationism does?

Didn't want to, or just refused to blindly accept what was preached to them, these are men like Galileo who went against the church in the name of science....and well we all know how that turned out.
Again off topic. If you want to bring all your scientific knowledge about space, dont post it in this thread. Thanks.

And also evolution doesnt pass as a theory because as you probably know the, i beleive, third cell theory states that cells can only come from other cells. And if there where no cells to make cells, multi cellular organisms cant exist, evolution cant exist. So what other explanation, creation.

And if the universe is expanding then how come people say there are outer limits of the universe, limits are limits right? They say theres no demension beyond those limits so if all the galexies are spreading out, wouldnt they spread out into the edge of the universe and into a none demensional existence?

Last edited:

Dr Studly

banned
Motoxrdude said:
Again off topic. If you want to bring all your scientific knowledge about space, dont post it in this thread. Thanks.

And also evolution doesnt pass as a theory because as you probably know the, i beleive, third cell theory states that cells can only come from other cells. And if there where no cells to make cells, multi cellular organisms cant exist, evolution cant exist. So what other explanation, creation.

And if the universe is expanding then how come people say there are outer limits of the universe, limits are limits right? They say theres no demension beyond those limits so if all the galexies are spreading out, wouldnt they spread out into the edge of the universe and into a none demensional existence?
yea + evolution can lead 2 racism! example: we came from monkees! ok! so does that mean lighter skinned people are farther along in evolution (which would mean that we are superior) than darker skinned people cus darker skinned people are more the color of monkees... carefull how u respond...
if anyone beleives the evolutionary theory they are racist

forum rules: Rude, offensive or threatening comments as well as posting of adult material will not be tolerated.

i think racism is considered rude or offensive...

infinite harddrive... would be awsome
i dont think iit is gona happen in just 4 years tho

Omicron

Encore4More said:
yea + evolution can lead 2 racism! example: we came from monkees! ok! so does that mean lighter skinned people are farther along in evolution (which would mean that we are superior) than darker skinned people cus darker skinned people are more the color of monkees... carefull how u respond...
if anyone beleives the evolutionary theory they are racist

forum rules: Rude, offensive or threatening comments as well as posting of adult material will not be tolerated.

i think racism is considered rude or offensive...

infinite harddrive... would be awsome
i dont think iit is gona happen in just 4 years tho

ugh…..peoples skin color is determined my the amount of melanin in their skin, not by there evolutionary progression. Light skinned people you will find come from cold regions, and dark skinned people from warmer climates. The darker your skin is, the more melanin you have. When you go out into the sun, these cells make extra melanin to protect you from getting burned by the sun's UV rays.

sniperchang

Motoxrdude said:

How can there be a limit? Even in this "none demensional existence" as you called it, wouldn't that be somesort of existance to?

Didn't someone theorised that the universe was a big expanding loop? (hmm that could explain that Unlimited storage this thread was started with) Think of it as a expanding baloon and the surface is our Galaxies, so if you move in a straight line, you would end up back were you started. Intresting... :rolleyes:

lol, this thread went way of topic, I'm soory ;)

Last edited:

Dr Studly

banned
Omicron said:
ugh…..peoples skin color is determined my the amount of melanin in their skin, not by there evolutionary progression. Light skinned people you will find come from cold regions, and dark skinned people from warmer climates. The darker your skin is, the more melanin you have. When you go out into the sun, these cells make extra melanin to protect you from getting burned by the sun's UV rays.
not just skin color... also physical features

Omicron

Encore4More said:
not just skin color... also physical features

So aren't you in fact the racist one? suggesting some races look like primates?

Again, these physical features you speak of are due to environmental adaptations.

Motoxrdude

Dude, stop freaking spamming my post.

Can some one lock or delete my thread, this is getting way out of hand. Thanks

sniperchang

Motoxrdude said:
Dude, stop freaking spamming my post.

Can some one lock or delete my thread, this is getting way out of hand. Thanks

He's right, this isn't MSN. And about your original Question:
Motoxrdude said:
Hey, i was at this party the other day and this guy was trying to explain something to me. He said it was still in the very basic test stages but it would probably be out in 2010 or so. From what i was told it was a means of storage for a computer, that in theory had unlimited storage compacity. From what i understood it had no mechanical parts. Basicly it was data constintly being transferred in a circle and data gets dumped into it. He said it was an energy matrix.

Has anyone heard anything about this? I would really like to know more about it because it seem very interesting. Thanks.

In my opinion unlimited space could be possible, but certainly not in 2010. The disks size however in that time will be real BIG, would unlimited be really necesary, or possible?

Your question has still not been answered, I'm interested in it to, hope someone will post something usefull...

Motoxrdude

ceewi1 said:
I think you may be talking about Quantum computing.

http://www.physorg.com/news10079.html
http://physics.nist.gov/MajResProj/QuantumInfo/quantum.html

Technically not unlimited, but with exponential growth in the storage capacity as qubits are added, you're looking at more storage capacity than could ever be needed. It's not going to happen by 2010 though!
This is something helpful but not edzactly what i was looking for. I dont think it will be unlimited but almost, to the point where you couldnt use all the memory.

Omicron

Motoxrdude said:
Hey, i was at this party the other day and this guy was trying to explain something to me. He said it was still in the very basic test stages but it would probably be out in 2010 or so. From what i was told it was a means of storage for a computer, that in theory had unlimited storage compacity. From what i understood it had no mechanical parts. Basicly it was data constintly being transferred in a circle and data gets dumped into it. He said it was an energy matrix.

Has anyone heard anything about this? I would really like to know more about it because it seem very interesting. Thanks.

http://www.gizmag.com/go/4944/

This seems to match up with what you were looking for, but the author used somewhat of a hyperbole in the heading, possibly your friend misinterpreted this to actually mean infinite.

Motoxrdude

no thats not it, i have already seen it. ITs just saying that new hdd advances are making a practicaly unlimited hdd's, but not edzactly. Ill talk to the guy this saturday and get more detials.

Status
Not open for further replies.