GPU Diode (DispIO) 37 °C (99 °F)
GPU Diode (MemIO) 39 °C (102 °F)
GPU Diode (Shader) 40 °C (104 °F)
WDC WD3200AAKS-00L9A0 [ TRIAL VERSION ]

Cooling Fans
CPU 2116 RPM
Power Supply 1334 RPM
GPU 1358 RPM

core 1 and core 2 is both 28c but cpu is 79c? why does that happen.
i have a phenom 2 x2 cpu.
In the motherboard utility, easy tune, it shows the temp of the cpu as 39c

Bodaggit23

The CPU temp is generally reported by a sensor on the motherboard and the core temps are reported from sensors on the cpu itself.

Do you have good airflow in your case? Which case and fans do you have?

Drastik

The CPU temp is generally reported by a sensor on the motherboard and the core temps are reported from sensors on the cpu itself.

Do you have good airflow in your case? Which case and fans do you have?

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134802 - this is my case

the sides and top is full of holes, so its easy to insert more fans, but the holes are covered from the inside in mesh (which can be removed), but i think it is there to maintain airflow i dont know. i already have 2 80mm fans at the front and 1 120mm at the back.

aviation_man

Those numbers are too high. Are you experiencing quite a lag while you're on your computer?
Download this http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ and compare it to Everest.
The motherboard utility would most likely be the correct temperature since it's specifically designed for your motherboard.

StrangleHold

Staff member
If your using the Everest free edition, its probably reading wrong. The free one has not been updated in a few years. But like bodaggit23 the first CPU temp. in that list is the motherboard sensor, the other two are on the CPU itself. What does PC Wizard claim the temps. are?

Drastik

Those numbers are too high. Are you experiencing quite a lag while you're on your computer?
Download this http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ and compare it to Everest.
The motherboard utility would most likely be the correct temperature since it's specifically designed for your motherboard.

With core temp, the temperature readings show
Cpu 0: 28c , low: 27c , high: 33c
(temp case reading doesnt show)

no i dont get any lagging or hangs, but the fan seems quiet loud though. i sure its the cpu. i do have cool and quiet enabled as auto but i dont know why the fan is still loud

Last edited:

Drastik

If your using the Everest free edition, its probably reading wrong. The free one has not been updated in a few years. But like bodaggit23 the first CPU temp. in that list is the motherboard sensor, the other two are on the CPU itself. What does PC Wizard claim the temps. are?

hmmm now im confused, i looked at the pc wizard readings and the 78c reading is marked as the power/aux tempurature

Chassis Fan : 1973 rpm
Power/Aux Fan : 1336 rpm
Processor Temperature : 34 °C
Mainboard Temperature : 35 °C
Power/Aux Temperature : 78 °C
:
Processor : Thermal Diode
AMD Phenom II X2 545 (Core 1) : 30.5 °C
:
Hard Disk Monitoring : S.M.A.R.T
Hard Disk WDC WD3200AAKS-00L9A0 : 32 °C

come to think of it, there doesnt seem to be any air blowing from the rear of the psu anyway, i have a 120mm chassis fan which u can feel the fair resistance, but there seems to be none with the psu

Last edited:

Drastik

i wonder how the psu temp can be detected anyway, since the psu isnt connected to the motherboard apart from the voltage cables. it doesnt have a psu fan cable connected to the mb at all.

StrangleHold

Staff member
PC Wizard looks right. The Power/Aux is for the power supply, if it doesnt have a sensor it has a wild reading like that.

Drastik

PC Wizard looks right. The Power/Aux is for the power supply, if it doesnt have a sensor it has a wild reading like that.

so is that normal or something to check out? i dont see how it can determine the temp when the psu is only connected via the atx cables. maybe the psu temp is built into the psu atx connectors? :confused:
i think the psu is thermostatically controlled anyway