Update on Crysis!!! Not good! Requirements, WAY OFF!!!

ADE

banned
Update on Crysis the game!!! Not good! recommended Requirements, WAY OFF!!!

Take a look!

http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.php/topic,2291.0.html

"Whatever you have we will bring you down - If you have SLI DX10 with 4gb we'll bring your pc down; not because we want to, but because we are investing in the future". (Bernd Diemer) In response to you all at this moment saying WTF he continues "There are profiles which we are not exposing through the outer config which would otherwise make the high end systems run like mediums" In other words, there is hidden code which will enable, when the time is right, you to reinstall Crytek two years down the line and it will look even better.

Last edited:

kobaj

VIP Member
Crysis looked so promising, but seriously Im not about to wip out 400 on a new graphics card just for a game. They shot themselves in the foot with this plan.

The object is not to make the game so amazing it slows down your system, its to make the game so amazing AND coded well in order to have everyone enjoy it.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Umm..., that just sounds like a patch to me... And yes, that's just dumb because they are definitely not appeasing the majority of gamers. I, for one, am perfectly happy going back to play UT2004 at times, and even more so Starcraft (and I'm sure many are happy even with WC2). I don't think what makes a game last is the graphics as much as the gameplay and storyline. Just because a game may look better, you're still getting the same game. Dumbest motives in the world.

ADE

banned
Well if I wanted games with cruddy graphics I would just buy an X-Box 360 or PS3. I like good graphics, And I for one am willing to dish out good money to get them. Crysis I feel will have a great story line. An Amazing one. Hell, I used o think F.E.A.R. Was amazing! This makes F.E.A.R. look like pong! And I think F.E.A.R. has an amazing story line. I love good looks in games.

Geoff

VIP Member
Umm..., that just sounds like a patch to me... And yes, that's just dumb because they are definitely not appeasing the majority of gamers. I, for one, am perfectly happy going back to play UT2004 at times, and even more so Starcraft (and I'm sure many are happy even with WC2). I don't think what makes a game last is the graphics as much as the gameplay and storyline. Just because a game may look better, you're still getting the same game. Dumbest motives in the world.
Thats exactly the problem with most series. Say for instance, Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. The only major difference is the graphics, the gameplay is very similar. I found CoD to be a great game, even thought the graphics arent great.

Archangel

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];610570 said:
Thats exactly the problem with most series. Say for instance, Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2. The only major difference is the graphics, the gameplay is very similar. I found CoD to be a great game, even thought the graphics arent great.

and the best thing is.. the game isnt actually that speculair ( engine wise, etcetera) But the feel the CoD games give is just amazing. :) (this for example where Oblivion failed towards Morrowind imo too, morrowind had a much more.. well, 'epic' feel to it, even if the gameplay itself was a bit dodgy.)

speedyink

VIP Member
Morrowind more epic than Oblivion? Now I've heard everything:p Sure Morrowind pioneered into a new level of RPG, but Oblivion had much much MUCH better presentation in the storyline than Morrowind did. Oblivion definately doesn't seem like a Morrowind patch to me.

Redbull{wings}

the Crysis storyline doesn't seem this good to me

Aliens invade the planet what!?!? and now you must stop the aliens before they destroy the world? how innovating

Kornowski

VIP Member
So basically, the dude is saying there is no point in buying the game because it won't run on your computer, no matter what you have!
What idiots they are!

Schonza

So basically, the dude is saying there is no point in buying the game because it won't run on your computer, no matter what you have!
What idiots they are!

Yeah, I find it too be stupid. But then again, maybe they have some sort of deal with intel/AMD/nvidia to say that to get the real hardcore gamers to upgrade their systems to a point which the games deems plausable, where it is like almost overkill.. If that makes any sense.:p Thats just my honest opinion.

Kornowski

VIP Member
It's just stupid, Why would they want to develop a game that no-body could play, what a waste of time and money!

I don't think they have a deal with any of the major brands though, I think they're more obssessed with making it look great that performing well!

Bradan

cant we be glad that this game wont get put on the back burner later because of the poor graphics?

I remember every time I purchase a new game, I beasicly throw all my old games out the window, I just cant stand poor graphics, when I could play the prettier game...

This wont be one of those games :D We will always "have it" to enjoy.

bioshock and alan wake look sweet too

o ya throwing people in crysis with ur "muscle suit" deal looks like hours of fun

g4m3rof1337

Id believe them if they said.
'This game will be so awesome, that you can only purchase it to look at it, since the requirements are sooo great, DX20's arent out yet, so youll have to wait'

Y'Know something like that...

Monoxide

can i play the game with my pc? please tell me what to upgrade

video card (GPU):Ati radeon x1800xt 512mb
memory:1gb ram
cpu: amd athlon xp dual core 4400+
HardDisk: 160GB sata
monitor: samsung 17' inch
power supply:520w

is this card direct 10c ready?
besides getting vista, do I need to buy another video card? thanks lots

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
I think you should be able to, I think if anything the only thing there to upgrade would be another 1GB of RAM, but the minimum requirements are 784mb, so I wouldn't bother!

We should start an official Crysis Gamers Club thread when we all get it :p :D

kobaj

VIP Member
can i play the game with my pc? please tell me what to upgrade

video card (GPU):Ati radeon x1800xt 512mb
memory:1gb ram
cpu: amd athlon xp dual core 4400+
HardDisk: 160GB sata
monitor: samsung 17' inch
power supply:520w

is this card direct 10c ready?
besides getting vista, do I need to buy another video card? thanks lots

No, its only dx9. The only dx10 card out at the moment is the 8800. So you wont be able to play it untill you get a dx10 card.

kobaj

VIP Member
Really? I thought that dx10 games couldnt be dx9. I hope crysis is dx9 so they dont require me to buy a friggen new graphics card...

Bungie, I swear to god I hope you make halo2 dx9 AND dx10 so I REALLY dont have to buy a new graphics card....because I wont.