Update on Crysis!!! Not good! Requirements, WAY OFF!!!

Who cares? If they pull some stuff like that, I won't buy it, there is no friggin sense in more than 4Gb of RAM, except for a "file-pulling" server.

I believe this is a untrue rumor, a lead Crytek person would have more brains than this. No. 1> He is screwing his marketing. No. 2> He is making himself look stupid. No. 3> He is not making any golfing buddies. I don't think an executive spokesperson would fudge up this bad.

lovely?

Morrowind more epic than Oblivion? Now I've heard everything:p Sure Morrowind pioneered into a new level of RPG, but Oblivion had much much MUCH better presentation in the storyline than Morrowind did. Oblivion definately doesn't seem like a Morrowind patch to me.

yay morrowind. yay oblivion. yay bethesda... now im bored and i want an elder scrolls five lmao

vroom_skies

VIP Member
I don't understand what is making you guys freak out.
From what I gather all that is being said is that no current hardware can play crysis on max settings. That doesn't mean that crysis doesn't scale well? If you have a system that can only run it in dx9, then guess what. You'll run in game in dx9.

I am looking forward to that. Finally we have a game that exceeds computer hardware. Now we'll get to see what graphics can really look like.

Maybe I read something wrong, but I don't think so.
Chill out.

Monoxide

I am looking forward to that. Finally we have a game that exceeds computer hardware. Now we'll get to see what graphics can really look like.
quote]

i am cool with that and i'm very excited to see crysis and all the new dx10 games in action. I just wish I could have know about this a little sooner before getting a dx9 card

Burgerbob

How did HL2 seem when it came out? about the same! and it ruled! (still does) so what is the big deal? a lot of ppl were like Oh Noez! i have to get a gig of RAM! and now its just more. Nothing has changed. I think Crysis will be great.

Monoxide

yeah, I saw the screens! i was in awe when I saw it. I will gladly buy the dx10 card for the game ( cant live without the graphics)

Geoff

VIP Member
I hope the game designers dont think that they can pass Crysis off as a great game just because it has state of the art graphics and physics... gameplay and the story line are the most important.

vroom_skies

VIP Member
If you remember hearing awhile back:
Farcry was rated a B- or so story line, when Crysis is rated a solid A or so.
This was all said by the developers so who knows.

Bob

Styrak

This is a bad marketing decision. They should follow the HL2 example. Make the game scalable on different systems, so that it still looks good but can run on older hardware. However, for people who have good hardware it looks AMAZING.

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Thats basically what is being done here.
The minimum system requirements are plenty low to for what type of game this is. If you call your self a pc gamer of this generation you should have hardware above that anyways.

Bob

P11

VIP Member
At CES they had Crysis running on a XPS 710 H2C, 8800GTX SLI, Quad-Core CPU, etc. and it was still lagging. The only thing they could come up with is that the certain computer it was being played on "had some problems" none of which I could find.

Mikeee

Wow, Crysis sure looks wicked. I think my rig can handle it but seriously im going to buy that game. Who all plans on buying this game? it looks intense.