Update on my computer..w. help needed.

ak_hitman_47

Alright my friend has a Dell and Im sorry but Im not a Dell guy. Anyways he had a disc called Operating System: Reninstallation CD Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition. Alright I installed it and it worked fine and now I have Windows Home edition on my computer but its a Dell now. Ok now I want to get it back to a Sony because there are features that my Sony came with taht I want back on my computer. So how do I go about doing this? I also put in my Startup Recovery Disc and it said restart your computer and this disc will start automatically so I did and it did start automatically and it said chose your os and then it said for more options press F8 and theres options like Safe Mode, ect. I also tried to uninstall this os that I installed but it says I have to register first. Is there Any way of getting around this? I dont really want to register befcause I dont want to cause any problems. I also didnt have to enter a cd key when I installed this disc. Any suggestions on getting my computer back to a Sony Vaio would be helpful. Thanks.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Ok you dont need to be bumping after a bunch of hours :)

Ok now I want to get it back to a Sony because there are features that my Sony came with taht I want back on my computer. So how do I go about doing this
By using the Sony equivalent of the Dell Recovery CD.

this disc will start automatically so I did and it did start automatically and it said chose your os and then it said for more options press F8 and theres options like Safe Mode
In your BIOS you'll have to set the optical drives to boot up as a higher priority than the HDD.

Dsk954

what are you asking? Are you trying to use a dell OS disk that your buddy has to instal xp home on your computer? Im not sure but I think the OS recovery disk just deletes everything that you added on to your computer from a small partision on the HD? Im pretty sure you cant instal an OS from a recovery disk, you will need to find a copy of the windows CD. If you want to not activate windows there are many cracks that get around it but make sure you have spyware/virus blocker up and running. Am I allowed to post links to cracks for windows on this board?

Super_Nova

Well you can use private messages. But you can't post them openly. And it would be difficult to ask for such a private message without speaking of it openly in the public forum. So I suppose it would be best to keep the topic legal on here.