Upgrade CPU problem

Tyger

Hello.
I have an antic MoBo - MS-6116 and CPU Pentium-3-450, 100Mhz FSB, Slot1, 452MB SDRAM and I just like to upgrade the CPU. The system has a latest BIOS v2.3, and should support 133 FSB. The CPU I want to upgrade to - it's P-3-933, 133Mhz FSB. It's a socket 370 CPU, so I have a ABIT Slocket card-Slot 1 to Socket 370. This card can be configured to specific VID voltage, to the 66,100,133 FSB and Coppermine or simple CPU. I tried a lot of configurations, but the board didn't booting. Any advices? Did anybody did this kind of upgrade?
Thanks. :confused:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I have an antic MoBo
I assume that meant anqitue because thats an MSI :)

so I have a ABIT Slocket card-Slot 1 to Socket 370.
And that you meant Slot 370 to Slot 1....

I tried a lot of configurations, but the board didn't booting. Any advices? Did anybody did this kind of upgrade?
What voltage are you using? :)

Tyger

The CPU I trying upgrade to is P-3-933/256K Cash L2/133 FSB/ 1.75V and thats the voltage I trying to config to...

Tyger

I know, that it's P-2 board, but after the BIOS upgrades it supports P-3 and FSB 133, so regarding to manual - it's too old and not fits to reality.
Regarding the 500 - The Bus ratio - till 7.5, so 7.5x133 =1G. So "500+" from the manual - can be freely 1G. There is only one problem - I cannot change CPU voltage manually - the board is jumperless - it should be automatic, and I can only change it on adapter card.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Would have saved a lot of trouble if we knew this to start with. :p As for running the newer proc, it wont be automatic because back then a lot of things were manual (the way it should be) ... so unless you've got voltage DIP switches, you'll be out of luck :)

Tyger

But I have voltage jumpers on the Slot1 to Socket 370 adapter. Do you telling me it's not enough?

sw135833

other S370 -> Slot-1 adaptor with voltage control

Beside ABIT, other recommended adaptor ? I have also a MS6116 Mobo and would like to do an upgrade.

sw135833

procedure to change CPU voltage on MS 6116

Hi Tyger,

Just wonder if you have found out ways to adjust the CPU voltage on MS-6116 motherboard.

I am thinking to use a PIII 800/700Mhz CPU but they require a voltage 1.6~1.7, which is lower the supplying voltage v2.0 now.

Thank you.