Upgrade for games

lind

Hai, right now, I have a AMD A10-8750-processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4 GB graphic card, 16 GB DDR3 ram, and a 1 TB SATA harddrive. I want to get better performance for games, I usually play The Sims 3 (with almost all expansion packs) and Minecraft, I wan't less lag in that games with higher settings
What should I upgrade? Right now, I think I will replace my AMD A10-8750-processor with a Intel i7-7700K, but im not sure if thats good

HackSpoon

Well you might have to replace the motherboard. If you are getting a highend cpu might as well get a highend gpu to avoid bottlenecks.

Laquer Head

Well you might have to replace the motherboard. If you are getting a highend cpu might as well get a highend gpu to avoid bottlenecks.
AMD ----> Intel?? yeah just maybe... DDR3---> DDR4 yeah...maybe..:rolleyes:

Hai, right now, I have a AMD A10-8750-processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4 GB graphic card, 16 GB DDR3 ram, and a 1 TB SATA harddrive. I want to get better performance for games, I usually play The Sims 3 (with almost all expansion packs) and Minecraft, I wan't less lag in that games with higher settings
What should I upgrade? Right now, I think I will replace my AMD A10-8750-processor with a Intel i7-7700K, but im not sure if thats good

7700K is a good CPU, new 7th gen but that selection will require new motherboard, new DDR4 RAM, most likely gonna want an SSD boot drive, and then a GPU like a GTX1050TI - or higher. Also, depending on your current PSU, you may also need an upgrade in wattage/quality of unit.

beers

Staff member
Depends on the game. With most titles you can get away with shoving a better GPU in there. Ideally you'd replace everything, but that isn't feasible for some people.