Upgrade My Intel i3 3110m

BladeJason

Hi Guys I Wish To Upgrade My Intel Core i3 3110m To An Intel Core i7-3940XM But I Don't Know Where To Buy One Using Euro On The Internet I Just Wish To Get A Site For That.Thanks

Best Reguards

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Even if you bought one, it wouldn't work. Your asus supports only these processors:

Intel® Core™ i5 3230M Processor
Intel® Core™ i3 3120M /2370M Processor
Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor

Even if you upgrade to an i5 your gaming performance will still be poor. That laptop isn't meant for gaming.

BladeJason

Even if you bought one, it wouldn't work. Your asus supports only these processors:

Intel® Core™ i5 3230M Processor
Intel® Core™ i3 3120M /2370M Processor
Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor

Even if you upgrade to an i5 your gaming performance will still be poor. That laptop isn't meant for gaming.

I Know That My Gaming Performance Will Still Be Poor I Just Need To Make My Laptop As Fast As Posible
But Where Can I Buy The Intel® Core™ i5 3230M Processor ?

beers

Staff member
I'd take a look at the socket to make sure it's not BGA soldered, which may be unlikely but they did release variants of the 3110m that were BGA.

Quinn O'Brien

I'm not sure if you've done this as well, but I noticed that you said you want the fastest performance out of your PC. The number one thing to do is be sure you put a solid state drive in it. That is without a doubt the best upgrade for speed. Then after that check to see if you have one or two RAM slots. If you have one stick of RAM in it but you have an extra memory slot, get a matching memory stick as well. It won't get you a crazy performance increase but dual channeling RAM give about a 10% performance increase. This is also an inexpensive upgrade.
Priority levels for your upgrades would be:
1. SSD
2. CPU
3. RAM Dual Channel

Hope this gave you something useful! Good luck pimping your laptop.

Laquer Head

If I were you, I'd leave the CPU alone, your not going to see any gains at this point. The reality is the i3 is a bargain basement chip and its now 4 years old.

As mentioned, an SSD would be your cheapest, most effective upgrade. Other than that, save for a better machine and don't waste your money