upgrade suggestions?

killerchef04

This is a build that im still working on because its the computer that im using.
heres the specs,
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 mobo
12GB tripple channel corsair dominator 1600mhz
corsair professional series HX 850W power supply
XFX geforce 9800GTX+ (i have an EVGA geforce gtx 470 that needs a new heatsink)
WD velosiraptor 300GB + WD 400GB in raid 0
antec 900 case

any suggestions are welcome. just seeing if theres anything that would work better with the other components or just better in general.

salvage-this

Well a better video card would be nice. Or you could pick up another 470 for SLI. A better cooler to OC the 960 might be a good addition. What do you feel is lacking?

2048Megabytes

The Core i7 960 Bloomfield is a very powerful processor. You have a nice system. The only two things I would do are:

1) Back your valued data up to a separate storage device and take your system out of RAID-0. RAID-0 setups are unstable.

2) Get a new heatsink for your video card.

killerchef04

The Core i7 960 Bloomfield is a very powerful processor. You have a nice system. The only two things I would do are:

1) Back your valued data up to a separate storage device and take your system out of RAID-0. RAID-0 setups are unstable.

so you think i should go with a single hard drive setup?

i have a corsair h70 for the cpu, im a little hessitant on OCing. dont want to fry anything.

You have an h70 and dont want to oc?You wont fry anthing (%95), and the h70 is a very capable overclocker.Get a newer gpu is my reccomendation, that oldie doesnt support dx11, I would get a 670 on a sorta hi budget, and 680 on hi, 690 on super hi, and wait for the 660 on med.

2048Megabytes

I do not know how familiar you are with RAID 0 so I will explain. Data is written in equal blocks to each hard drive disk in the RAID 0 set up. This volume does not provide fault tolerance. If one hard drive fails in this setup fails all data stored on the striped volume is lost.

The RAID 0 setup has faster read speeds but is not worth the instability.

killerchef04

what about raid 1?