Upgrade Time.

gig603

Hi, first off I would like to introduce my self. My name is Mason and I am new to this forum. This is my first post.

Second I wanted to upgrade one of older computers. I have a Dell Dimensions 3000 and I wanted to upgrade the RAM and Graphics Card. It currently has 512MB of ram and I was looking into a 2-4GB upgrade. I found this: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Channel-Memory-Processors-CMX4GX3M2A1600C9/dp/B002LE8D2A/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_c
Is this compatible?
I was also wondering if there are any decent Graphics Cards for a 250W power supply? I am trying to spend as little money as possible considering the winter holiday ahead.

vladislav

thats a very old computer.
that ram isnt compatible.
and your MOBO has no PCI-e slot so it will be hard to find good video card, and even if you did 250W would be little to no power to work with.
idk what you are going to be doing with this computer but im guessing you will be doing some gaming so your best bet will be to build a new cheep amd build for about $500, or maybe cheeper for black friday.

Krenos

And unless you have a 64 bit operating system you can only get a maximum of 4 GB of Memory[Bios+Ram+Vidoe card] to register. Might be time to think about asking santa for a new computer, or a newegg gift card at least j/kj/k