Upgrade time

Mankz_91

This is my first post, so dont go menatal on me!

Crossfire isn't really the way to go just yet. Yue is probubally doing the right thing going with an X1900 series card, but i would go with a SLi-Deluxe or if you can strech that far, a Premium. The heat pipes make no noise which is nice, but can get hot, so you will need a cool case-

If you do eventually decide to go with X-fire, go with a Sapphire Board as they seem to have fewer bugs than the rest!

Hope Ive helped

Mankz

Yue

hey Mankz, thnx for comments. I don't need a SLi board. Crossfire don't really excite me much either, it sounds good but the XTX alone will be perfect for quite a while to come.

Mankz_91

You are still probubally better of going with an SLI board in that case- in case the Idea of 2 GPU's comes into your head!
Also- there are soo many good reviews of the ASUS A8N Deluxe, and its fairly competitavly priced, its got all the connectors you need, so yo cant go wrong with it!

Mankz

Marskib

Why are you getting a x1900 GPU when you have a SLI mobo and a 7800gt in your system already. Why dont you just get another 7800gt. That will save you money and have similair if not better performance than a single x1900.

Yue

no, my old stuff will be sold to a friend of mine, all i need is a case en a dvd-rw and i cn sell my old stuff on :)

Yue

the price made me switch mainly :) the 1900xtx is about 10% faster thn the 7800GTX 512 in most cases and £100 cheaper, so it makes sense to go ATi +i had some good experiances with my laptops ATi M10 :D

The cpu bottleneck, would it be noticable in most cases? worth goin up to a 4400+?

Yue

i am in the UK so no US sites. I was lookin at that motherboard, but as far as i can tell, they both have the same features and i won't be doin much OC'ing (jus a lil) so i am gonna stick wid my original board, its £30 cheaper for me.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
For a budget of $1560 (which i'll take at $1475 to account for price deltas) that's not a bad setup but...

(yeah no point building the XTX when you can OC that extar 50MHz yourself) but regardless, you should be able to get a complete system for that budget