Upgraded from Radeon HD 7790 1GB to RX 570 8GB

WhoX

After looking around for a couple of weeks, today I finally received a Sapphire Radeon RX 570 Nitro+ 8GB video card from an online retailer. I had a hard time getting one because of all the Ethereum miners plundering the online stores. Here in Germany they seem to be gobbling up most of the RX 560 and 570 cards. In the end I did manage to find a retailer who is limiting sales to 5 per customer. Got it for 165 Euros...good price. One retailer told me that miners from Poland and Russia are buying 20 to 30 cards at a time.

The HD 7790, I have, is a good card, but I was having some problems playing Grim Dawn and Halo Wars 2 at higher settings. After six years it was time to upgrade. The Sapphire RX 570 is a really good and very quiet card.

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
Is mining still a thing overseas? Seemed like it pretty much died here in the States.

I've had... more Sapphire cards than I can count. Always the go to for AMD cards. I miss them. :(

WhoX

Is mining still a thing overseas? Seemed like it pretty much died here in the States.

I guess in Germany and eastern Europe there are still a lot of Ethereum miners. Something I didn't realize until I tried to purchase an AMD card. Some retailers here are taking advantage of the lust for RXs and jacking up the prices considerably.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
My RX 580 Nitro+ came today. Already in my machine, now just have to reinstall my games. Got it on sale for $219.99 at Newegg.