Upgrading and replacing parts (What to do?)

Lockon02

I'm upgrading my computer (replacing memory, gpu, and psu) later today. I'm waiting for the final part to be delivered. Anyway, I got some questions about what to do.

Can someone give me some guidelines (what to do and not do).

Do I have to take the motherboard out too?
Since I have to open the case, I'm going to be cleaning out dusts too. What the best way to do this easy and safe?
What should I do with the old parts? (I was thinking of giving away to a friend but I'm not sure he can use it)

strollin

Lots of people use those spray cans of air to clean the dust out, you might want to carry it outdoors to do it.

There's no need to remove the MB from the case. I'd advise doing the upgrades in steps, start with the PSU and make sure that works before moving on. Secondly, the RAM and lastly the GPU. If you do all 3 at once and there's a problem, it will be more difficult to determine which is the problem.

You can keep the old parts as spares, give them to your friend or possibly sell them.

dsgarcia

Before you get started, it sounds like you have little to no experience with the components of a computer. I would suggest reading the "How to build a PC" sticky, it has great pictures and is a very easy set of instructions to follow.