Upgrading CPU

tadaskr

Hello everyone,
I have offer to chance cpu for my TOSHIBA A300 22W laptop. Now there is T4200 pentium dual core, but i have offer to get T7200 dual core duo. Is there any benefit if i will change it or there will be much problems? Thanks for help :)

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Without seeing the laptop, it's hard to say how easy or difficult it'd be to swap processors. SOme laptops have a plate on the bottom with direct access to the CPU, others must be completely disassembled. As for which to use, the current processor is newer and would probably provide better performance.. Though if you can see the plate and access the CPU, no harm in trying both.

Laquer Head

My opinion is that between these 2 cpu's, even if its the easiest swap in the world--which I bet it isn't--you aren't going to see any better performance by going to the T7200.

The T4200 has a higher FSB, and both chips are 2.0Ghz,..both support 64-bit.

The temps are slightly different but the bottom line---don't waste your time, effort, and money!

Laquer Head

My opinion is that between these 2 cpu's, even if its the easiest swap in the world--which I bet it isn't--you aren't going to see any better performance by going to the T7200.

The T4200 has a higher FSB, and both chips are 2.0Ghz,..both support 64-bit.

The temps are slightly different but the bottom line---don't waste your time, effort, and money!

I agree!

tadaskr

well, i can get 7200 cpu for free, so there isn't waste of money. But i need to know if i my bios will accept that new cpu and if there will be benefit on speeds, because when i playing games there is lag. not fps low but when you move mouse game mmove after second

BigSteve702

you'd have to remove the bottom shell on that laptop to get to the processor. its not that much work, and if you want a different processor and can afford the change, id say go for it. if one runs cooler/faster/takes less power, its worth it

PCwhoop

banned
T4200 Dual core 478-pin micro FC-PGA
T7200 CORE2 Duo Socket M 479-ball micro-FCBGA
different generation and package
I don't think you can upgrade it even though you can reach the CPU.

bigrich0086

keep in mind any cpu upgrade to a new system from a old one will require a complete power down and cmos clear to accept new cpu.