Upgrading my computer

KiraxYamato

Hello all I want to upgrade my computer this is the spec:

22zw46.png

I am upgrading my RAMS to 4GB but the rest I don't know which to buy. I am on a very very short budget, I do more programs then gaming. I am a video maker so I will have like I.E. Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, After Effect, Pinnacle, and Final Cut. I am currently running Windows 7 and tempted to downgrade to XP but probably and most likely stay on 7. What should I upgrade next?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
That doesn't tell us a whole heck of a lot. What video card do you have? Is it integrated or a separate pci express card?

softe

i just upgraded my PC actually i purchased a $700 Acer from frys and it came with a solid video card nvidia 8800GT i believe 8GB of ram and 1tera bite of HD space, 500watt PSU i mean you cannot beat this price, o ya its a quad core, amazing deal so thats an option for you if you dont want to spend time building you own PC.

FATALiiTYz

i just upgraded my PC actually i purchased a $700 Acer from frys and it came with a solid video card nvidia 8800GT i believe 8GB of ram and 1tera bite of HD space, 500watt PSU i mean you cannot beat this price, o ya its a quad core, amazing deal so thats an option for you if you dont want to spend time building you own PC.

No, building would be much better. An 8800 gt is kinda... old and 8gbs is just an overkill, if you downgraded to 4 you wouldnt notice a difference.

KiraxYamato

speaking of rams I am updating my rams first of all. My computer support dual-channel but no ECC Memory. I currently running 32-BIT Windows 7. So here are my questions.

1) Can I upgrade 32-BIT to 64-BIT in the feature?
2) I have 4 Slots currently 2 of them are taken with 2x1GB. I was thinking which is better to order 1x2GB or 2x1GB?

mx344

Lol, thats a waste, you cant eve use 4gigs or you 8 gigs because your using 32bit.
You have to buy a new copy to have full use of your ram, no you cant just upgrade it with an option.

Well, i have asked that question about the ram before, some people said one thing other said another, but ive looked around and have found that there is no difference, it may be a bit faster to go 2gig x1 over 1gig x2, but nothing you will notice, so minimal.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I have found that Hp's tend to picky on memory they like. However, you could have bought bad ram to begin with. Try reseating the memory and see if that makes any difference.