Upgrading my computer

cuzzaUK

Hi guys, currently i have a

Hewlet packard compaq presario
AMD athelon 64 processor 3500+
1.79 ghz, 960 mb of ram
300 WATT power supply

Basically i want my computer to run games like crisis, modern warfare 2, wow or programmes like sony vegas with ease runnin on high graphics etc

what do i need to do this ?

i was looking at this graphics card : http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/product.aspx?code=GCB-XNGTX26OCD

but i dont know wether it will fit, now i dont know what type of ram my comp has but that need upgrading too, if someone could help me out i will be soo happy

please help me guys !!!

Thanks

cuzzaUK

Ok the motherboard is called

ASUSTEK comp[uter inc
Model - Nodusum 1.03
Chipset - Nvidia geforce 6150
Southbridge - Nvidia nforce 410/430 mcp
LPCIO - SMSC

Dystopia

RAM is good, video card is good. BUT you will also need a new PSU. Something along the lines of a 600W will be good. Make sure its not crap! if a PSU dies, it can take our your other compnenets as well! Soo get something like Corsair, Thermaltake, OCz, Silverstone, HEC is pretty good as well. Your CPU should be upgraded as well, at least a dual core 2.1Ghz. You may have to upgrade your motherboard as well...depending on wether or not you current supports Athlon 64 X2. Do you know the socket?

cuzzaUK

Hi do you mind if i add you on msn or somethin becasue you seem to know what your talkin about :D

i might aswell buy a hole new pc then ey ??

thanks

Gooberman

You're going to need a new CPU new Video card more ram new power supply and if you don't have atleast AN AM2 Mother board you're going to need a new Mother board
So pretty much a whole new computer

cuzzaUK

goober man do you have msn so i can talk to you better ??

And my motherboard is AMT as on cpu-z is says :

package : socket AM2 (940)