Upgrading my first pc I built almost by myself.

ItchyTasty42

I've had various crappy Packard Bell's, Dell's in the past which were only good for browing the internet and not much alse.
Also when you opened the case, they weren't upgradable apart the ram and hard drive.

Although I do most of my gaming on games consoles.
First of all:

I bought a barebones pc from Novatech just over a year and a half ago and added parts to it.

However it REALLY struggles still on a certain really demanding simulator called World Of The Subways Vol 3, London Underground I like to play.
Which causes the computer to create errors, hang, lag, freeze up and even crash.
It says the simulator 'game' system requirements are:

Dual core 2.6 GHz (My cpu is Intel Core i3(dual core) cpu 5.40 @3.07ghz)
Windows 7, Vista, XP (SP3) (I'm running a genuine Windows XP home edition)
Graphics Card: GeForce 9800 or ATI HD 2400
(my graphics card is
Geforce GT220 which is likely to be the problem,it's a cheapy graphics card)
Sound Card (haven't got an external one, but the on board chip is pretty good.)
DirectX 9.0c
RAM: 2 GB (I got 4gb DDR3 1666mhz)

My other system parts are:
Samsung HD503HI 500GB 16MB 3.5" hard drive
Foxconn H55M motherboard
Sony oem labelflash DVD-RW drive
2x 120mm Xigmatek case fans
Novatech Powerstation Gaming 400w(continous) silent ATX2 modular PSU, I heard a rumour on that forum by several people that it's a re-badged oem OCZ psu.
Xigmatek Asgard Case
1x 15 inch Dell lcd screen (pretty old crap, that needs replacing, a.s.a.p)

So which graphics card will run the simulator 'game' properly whilst not being an old graphics card. Max budget £150.
If the power supply needs upgrading max budget £100.
A bit cheaper would be better as I'm unemployed and having to buy things when I can afford to?

Secondly can my motherboard do RAID?
As I want to back up my extremelly important dj mixes, and gaming sessions,etc. Instead of burning everything to dvd-rw.

If not what is a decent but not too expensive RAID card?

As I got a spare Western Digital WD Caviar 250gb sata drive lying around. If that's not suitable, I can always go buy another 500gb hard drive, as normal hard drives are cheap.

The spare slots I got on the motherboard are: 1 PCI Express slot x1,2 PCI slots. The other PCI Express x16 slot is used by the graphics card.

Last but not least, this awful monitor needs to be replaced a.s.a.p.
However as I sit right in front of it and I'm prone to eyestrain and migraine headaches easily, I don't want a monitor too big. And a anti-glare feature would be very useful.
And I read LED backlighting is better than the normal backlighting on screens.
Would a matt black screen be better?

Maybe something like the SAMSUNG S22A450MW 22" LED unless you got any other suggestions?

Cheers

Yup, I think a psu and gpu will fix it. Also, I really don't think you should have gone with a barebones, I was thinking of getting one for a quick build, but they use cheapo components. A little over budget, but this was almost the best card last year, it's great for the price its going for.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-299-SP&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1752

For the saved on this, you can afford a 6950. The ocz psus in this price range beat the corsairs. This one is modular, and has enough power for even a GTX 680.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-059-OC