upgrading my gaming comp

starlitjoker

New Member
ok guys whatsup!!! ok so i would like to know what would be most beneficial to my gaming needs! right now im playing Battlefield bad company 2 and im getting around 30-50 fps on medium to low settings at 1920X1080. i have a e8500 overclocked to 3.6 Ghz and i could go a little more if needed. I also have a 9800 GTX+ OC. Which one of these should i upgrade? and how much of a performance increase will i get? i want a good upgrade like something around 300 dollars that will get my settings to high and be stable at around 60-100 fps. Also im looking into the future as well. thanks!
oh and link to hardware if you could plz :D
 
You aren't really going to notice an increase in video performance if you upgraded your hardware. Your frames per second are very high already. I see no reason why you should upgrade.
 
Last edited:
but im on medium to low settings, and i get constant dips below 30..... i would lie to be stable and on high settings.... everything is on low except the detail which is medium.
 
A Radeon HD5850 would do it, I think. That's nearly twice as powerful as what you've got now.
 
That would help, but I think the biggest bottleneck right now is your GPU. An E8500 @ 3.67GHz is still pretty good, even if it's only a dual core.
 
when i turn up everything to high i only drop to around 29 fps constant so you think ill be able to boost that up higher to around 60? with a 5850?
 
I can't really give exact numbers since every system is different, but I do think you should see a very significant improvement. 60fps does seem reasonable.
 
the highest i could go for a cpu would be the q9400 but my dad will go for a 5850 i think. So i think ill overclock a bit more and upgrade my gpu
 
Back
Top