Upgrading my psu

Aventador

I currently have the stock WMEHP-P3087F3 - HIPRO 300-Watt Power Supply on a gateway S-5200d. I want an asus 630gt graphics card that requires atleast a 450 watt psu so im looking for a psu thats 500 to 550 watts. This is my secondary fun computer that i play older games on that my current gaming tower isnt compatible with. Ive found some cheap ones but after reading some posts about staying away from the cheaper power supplies i was wondering what a decent alternative would be i was looking at this Logisys Corp. 550W 240-Pin Black Dual Fan Switching Power Supply PS550A-BK on amazon because its really close to being the same dimensions as the one i have which are 5.5 x 5.9 x 3.4. I dont want to spend a ton of money on it as i already did with my other computer though i dont want to buy a cheap one and have it ruin my computer. Any help would be appreciated thanks. Also its a top mount power supply with no room above it so im trying to stay away from psu with top mount fans.

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Your best bet would be the Corsair CX 430/430M (would be fine for a GT 630) or a Corsair CX 500/500M.

Either one should be fine so long as your case will fit a standard ATX PSU.