Upgrading NVIDIA nForce 680i (eVGA) , help me choose

Hanzu

also thinkin about upgrading my QX6700 to a newer. Please tell me what is the best right now, and i'v seen a 790i motherboards?

any thoughts would help

Hanzu

my harddrives died on me, yes the 10k rpm hardrives, no clue how, but i know i had my comoputer running for 48 hour straight downloading something on utorrent. but 48 hours shouldnt kill my harddrives, when i only used to use my computer for 1-2 hour tops everyday. right?

royalmarine

stick with the 680i until something better than the 790i/x48 comes out.

you should easily get the qx6700 to 3.4ghz on air. ive mine on 3.6 on watercooling.

im also using a striker 680i and i havnt turned my machine off in 4 weeks. also using 2 150gb raptor's. huge transfers from utorrent and across my network.

pc hasnt missed a heartbeat so id say its a fault with something. possibly windows if its dying after 48 hours.

Hanzu

stick with the 680i until something better than the 790i/x48 comes out.

you should easily get the qx6700 to 3.4ghz on air. ive mine on 3.6 on watercooling.

im also using a striker 680i and i havnt turned my machine off in 4 weeks. also using 2 150gb raptor's. huge transfers from utorrent and across my network.

pc hasnt missed a heartbeat so id say its a fault with something. possibly windows if its dying after 48 hours.

i tryed loading new windows.. and my computer just wont recognize the harddrives... ... any ideas