Upgrading pc, need to make sure is it ok?

ShiKiba

Hello, so I am upgrading my pc and i am going to buy a new motherboard ram and CPU. And i want to make sure is everything compatible
ASRock H110M-DVS/D3 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Intel Core i3-6100
Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Gigabyte Nvidia GT 730 2Gb GDDR5

So i just want to make sure is everything ok

beers

Staff member
What is your goal for graphics? The 730 is really low end, usually either not worth buying and using integrated graphics, or budgeting more for a faster card.

ShiKiba

What is your goal for graphics? The 730 is really low end, usually either not worth buying and using integrated graphics, or budgeting more for a faster card.
I have this card now and for games which i play it will be enough and i don't have a budget for a better card atm. Will it all be compatible is the question

ShiKiba

after reading up i3-6100 doesn't really support ddr3 ram so my question is ASROCK H110M-DGS LGA1151 2xDDR4 Max RAM 32GB DVI 2xUSB3 +
KINGSTON 8GB 2133MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL14 DIMM+Intel core i3-6100 + Nvidia gt 730 work?

Intel_man

VIP Member
i3-6100 supports DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.35V. It's up to the motherboard manufacturer to decide if they are going with DDR3 or DDR4 on their motherboards.

Having said that, going the DDR4 route is still the way to go.

ShiKiba

i3-6100 supports DDR3L-1333/1600 @ 1.35V. It's up to the motherboard manufacturer to decide if they are going with DDR3 or DDR4 on their motherboards.

Having said that, going the DDR4 route is still the way to go.
So gonna go with that, (only instead of Fury Ram i'll take Savage) Last question, i've heard that you have to check ram pins to be sure it'll fit into the channel, how do i do that with my this mother board and
Kingston HyperX Savage Memory RAM?

ShiKiba

Buy full size DDR 4 DIMMS and use a motherboard that uses DDR 4. Thats about it.

Yeah but i just want to check with people who know computer stuff much better than me, since i'm just a newbie still.
Next week gonna go with ASROCK H110M-DGS LGA1151 + Hyperx Savage Black 2x4gb 2133 + i3-6300 +Seasonic S12II i have checked are they all compatible but still kind of afraid, hope it will go well ! :)

Arkstar0

You're best of using the i3 6300 integrated graphics until you have enough $$$ to get like a rx460. That way you're not wasting money on bad graphics cards like the GT730.

ShiKiba

You're best of using the i3 6300 integrated graphics until you have enough $$$ to get like a rx460. That way you're not wasting money on bad graphics cards like the GT730.
I currently have gt 730 i wouldn't buy it if i didn't have it