Upgrading PC

Eddieboi18

Im going to be buying a PC off a friend of mine,its a good one as he has only had it for about a year. It is a Intel Pentium 4, 2800 MHz, with a Nvidia Geforce4 MZ 440 with AGP8X, and 512mb of ram.

Im planning to get a new Radeon Graphics card (Radeon R9600xt),video card (maybe) and a new 512mb ram card. But i am unsure what i really should get. Anyone here help me out at all? I want to upgrade the PC to 1024mb RAM and a really good graphic card to replay the one currently in it.

I think a mod should move this to the desktop forum, you wont get many replies in the general chat forum.

You seem to have a good idea of what to get. The ram is a must.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Im planning to get a new Radeon Graphics card (Radeon R9600xt),video card (maybe) and a new 512mb ram card. But I am unsure what I really should get. Anyone here help me out at all? I want to upgrade the PC to 1024mb RAM and a really good graphic card to replay the one currently in it.
1. Try and get out of buying the videocard (esp if you dont intend to use it)
2. As for what to get, it depends on the budget and intent

I think a mod should move this to the desktop forum, you wont get many replies in the general chat forum.
Lets not go around telling the Mods what to do now.

So windows runs slow with 256, 512 is almost the norm today and 1gb will help lots.
Not everyone has their parents to buy them 1GB of RAM.

Praetor said:
Lets not go around telling the Mods what to do now.
lol just a sugestion...:p

Praetor said:
Not everyone has their parents to buy them 1GB of RAM.
He did say that he wanted too and are all those little comments really required?

BTW welcome back:) (I didn't see you for a couple days)

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
He did say that he wanted too and are all those little comments really required?

It's kinda funny as I had thought the same thing :)... Errr about his parents purchasing the ram that is.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Between the GF4MX and the 512MB upping the videocard will prolly yield the most benifit :)