upgrading ram/graphics

mikekelly

hello there!

i was thinking of upgrading the ram on my laptop i have 512 and i was thinking of putting in another 512. i have a dell 5160 inspiron laptop.

what i would like to ask is, is it just that simple... can i just upgrade or is there maybe a problem with fitting another 512 in. Also is it hard to do for someone with pretty average computer skills? would i have to get someone to do it for me?

also, my grpahics card is a geoforce go 5200, is it worth spending more money on a better card with gaming in mind. I play quake quite alot and it runs fine, but when i tried running doom3 it buckled a bit, but i think that was more the ram then the grpahics

cheers
mike

tnt27

hello mikekelly

i dnt no much in terms of laptops, even though my household has had them for a while (8 yrs to b exact) but i do no that there is a way to upgrade memory on ur lappy. theres usually like a serpearate place where u can add more ram, or just take out the existing one and put in like a 1 gb one.

however, unfortunetly, new graphics card means new mobo, which means new laptop. its very hard to find a laptop motherboard that fits into a different laptop 'case'. the 5200 does struggle with Doom 3, but hopefully more RAM will help u a little bit