Upgrading to Win 7 on an older laptop

Hey all. I've got an HP dv6707. 2gb RAM, Athlon 64 X2 dual core TK-57 @ 1.90 GHz.

Will this laptop accept Win 7 64? I'm currently on Vista 32 and I hate it. If you folks think I can plug 7 in it, I'm gonna upgrade the RAM to 4gb.

Let's hear it. :)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you have vista then you should have no problems installing windows 7. Just go to hp website and enter your model number and select drivers and downloads then pick your OS.

Cameldude

go start, type device manager, click enter, and everything there that has a mark next to it needs a driver!!, you can right click and select update, then use internet.. should work in most cases... in those which it does not you will need to try to find out what this hardware is that need the driver.. sometimes it is easily understood what the driver is sometimes it says unknown... for unknown you will need the id, which you get from when you right click on the "unknown" hardware, go properties, details, from the drop down menu chose hardware id, and copy the first one in the value table here or into google!!

Laquer Head

It will run Win7 easily..

I've installed Win7 on machines with really old specs--and ran it fine...so you will have no issue!