Upgrading

Darkserge

New Member
My built up computer is only 6 month olds!!!!!

Anyway... I get poor FPS on The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion inclues Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles. I am run as low graphic setting to pervent from graphic glitch from high setting....

SimCity Societies take long times to load.

I am thinking about upgrade

Pentuim Duel Core E2220 (2.4GHz 1MB 800MHz) to Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 (2.66GHz 3MB 1066Mhz)

4X1GB Memory Rams 800MHz to 1066MHz. 1066MHz add in new bios upgrade.

XFX 16X PCI Express GeForce 7950GT to EVGA 16X PCI Express GeForce 8800GT 512MB

Is this worth to spend money on upgrade?
 
Those upgrades will give you a boost, but i dont think they are going to give you the bang you are looking for. As for value of upgrading that is a matter of opinion and expectation.

You may be better off just going for a better motherboard and chip then upgrading graphics latter.
 
1. Try OC your E2220 to see if you satify the improvement before upgrading.
2. Upgrade the Video card would help.
 
XFX 16X PCI Express GeForce 7950GT to EVGA 16X PCI Express GeForce 8800GT 512MB
Upgrade to a Radeon 4850/4870 or a NVIDIA 9800GTX+ if you want to see some real improvement - I would go with either of the Radeons, currently they offer best performance for the price, though there are some really sweet deals on NVIDIA cards... I wouldn't bother going for the 8800GT unless you can get it fairly cheap (say, below $100) since that's a pretty outdated card by now, and I guarantee getting either of the new Radeons will blow your mind (unless they're DOA, that is...)
4X1GB Memory Rams 800MHz to 1066MHz. 1066MHz add in new bios upgrade.
Don't. Going from 800 to 1066 won't increase the performance at all, if you're running the sticks in dual-channel they offer more than enough bandwidth - I doubt you'll see a single frame of performance increase. 4GB DDR2-800 will last you a while.

Pentuim Duel Core E2220 (2.4GHz 1MB 800MHz) to Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 (2.66GHz 3MB 1066Mhz)
As daisy said, you may want to try to OC your chip a little more, but I would only upgrade the CPU if the graphics card upgrade doesn't give the results you expected.
 
Upgrade to a Radeon 4850/4870 or a NVIDIA 9800GTX+ if you want to see some real improvement - I would go with either of the Radeons, currently they offer best performance for the price, though there are some really sweet deals on NVIDIA cards... I wouldn't bother going for the 8800GT unless you can get it fairly cheap (say, below $100) since that's a pretty outdated card by now, and I guarantee getting either of the new Radeons will blow your mind (unless they're DOA, that is...)

The problem is My motherboard support PCI Express X16, this ATI use PCI Express 2.0 x16. And my power supply only have one 6 pins connection. This use two 6 pins.
 
The problem is My motherboard support PCI Express X16, this ATI use PCI Express 2.0 x16. And my power supply only have one 6 pins connection. This use two 6 pins.
PCI-E 2.0 cards will work on PCI-E 1.0/1.1 motherboards, though it will bottleneck if you're going for the absolute high-end.

So, real question will this 4870 will work on PCI Express x16 motherboard? (not PCI Express 16X 2.0)
Yes.
 
Back
Top