Upload Speed! When do my Download speed gos slower?

Scrapped>.<

hi
Do anyone know how many percent of the upload speed that can be used with out slowind down the download speed?
My download speed is 1.5MB
I am not sure about my upload speed in Bites but i think it is about 42KB/s

thanks every one

kb1ghc

if your using a cable modem, forget it, cable modems have much less upload spectrum then download spectrum, (thats why ISP's sometimes get ticked if you run a server)
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/cable-modem.htm

cable-modem-frequency.gif

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Do anyone know how many percent of the upload speed that can be used with out slowind down the download speed?
Depends on your connection and its not a fixed percentage because any uploading activity will cause your DL to decrease

My download speed is 1.5MB
I am not sure about my upload speed in Bites but i think it is about 42KB/s
If you're on a 1.5MB line (which costs in the order of several hundred dollars per month) and youre only getting 42KB/s upload then definitely call up and yell at your provider!

Scrapped>.<

Praetor said:
Depends on your connection and its not a fixed percentage because any uploading activity will cause your DL to decrease

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're on a 1.5MB line (which costs in the order of several hundred dollars per month) and youre only getting 42KB/s upload then definitely call up and yell at your provider!

:rolleyes: That sounds fun. i will try it. :D
thanks

By the way r u the web master? Just wondering :p

whatsmydingo

1.5MB is 8 times larger than 1.5Mb, and usually internet speeds are measured in bits per second. So being on a 1.5MB line is amazingly fast. (I think)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
So being on a 1.5MB line is amazingly fast
For a household line i think the most you can get is a ADSL 8Mbit (real 8mbit -- the same as the corporate stuff as opposed to your normal, highly variable highspeed lines). It still runs in thr several hundred/month bracket.