*URGENT* Computer Problem! Wont Run!

Adam Warren

Hey guys, how ya all doing. I was on my computer last night and it randomly shut itself off. My first asumtion is that its psu died, but thats not it,cause it can still start, just not run. When i turn the computer on now, all that happens is a black screen. How can i fix it to get into bios and/or reformat it?

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hmm

Does the fan on the graphics card spin around? Does the CPU fan spin? If yes, clearing the CMOS. What were you doing when it shut down?

JAN :D

Adam Warren

I took it apart and cleaned everythng. thats not that issue. i was on my msn... i haddent downloaded anything that day. so what is it i do?

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Heya

Your BIOS will basically be reverted back to its original settings - clean of all previous settings.

Adam Warren

So i will have to set up bios, i never done that before. lol. thats trouble wait to happen! should i bring it to a shop to do?

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hmm...

Now do you have a chance to try a new graphics card or a PSU? It would be good to try both (starting with a differebt graphics card).

can you here the computer starting up? just because the fans spin doesnt mean that it is working. You need to find out if it is actually booting up. Just listen to it carefully. If you hear noises its probly video card or something simple like that but if you hear nothing then it is either cpu or motherboard

Adam Warren

no all the fans are going. its just it wont boot to the boot screen, its just a blank screen. i dont haev any spare parts, so im going to bring it down to the shop tomar i geuss.