**URGENT HELP dnt kno hu else 2 ask!

unisole

My pc has been beeping, i reinstalled XP Pro, and its still beeping, my pc is pretty cool i think, i have got a house fan blowing into the case and a case fan blowing into the pc, i have just reinstalled XP 2 day ago and started from scratch, and its still beeping, then my pc froze and restarted the pc and a LIGHT BLUE SCREEN appeared, and said something like

' NTFS' ' One Disk Needs To Be Checked For Consistency

then it scanned files with something begging with CHKDSK

***When it beeps it freezes the pc for a split second which is VERY anoying.!!

Any Ideas?? PLZ?

#'#'#'#' DAY 2..

Im still getting the same beeping noise ova and ova gain, but now i cant even go on my pc, when i turn on my pc it goes on the main black screen and says at the bottom in writing 'a disk read error occured' and it says press ctrl alt del to restart the pc i press them buttons and it restarts the pc and the same thing happens, pc beeps and i go on tht same black screen with 'a disk error has occured'

when i was on my pc yesterday wen my pc was freezing and restarting, it would restart saying on a blue screen 'NTFS' 'One of the Disks needs to be checked for consistency ' Then it says somehting like CHKDSK.

**** At first i thought the beeping and the freezing was due to overheating of the processor, but is it that my hard drive is faulty? and i need to buy a new one??

Can some1 plz reply i need as many oppinions as possible.

Thanks

PC SPECS

AMD 3200+
Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
1.5 gig Ram **Cnt chek specs on nuda pc*
120 HD
ASUS Motherboard.
400 WATT Power Supply

=-=-=- I have not installed anything recently or changed any of the hardware to make my pc sorta break

Last edited:

JFHuff

well u can look up what type of beep it is. most beeps coming from the motherboard indicate a problem. The duration and amount of beeps is a type of code. If not id say try putting in a new hard drive and testing that out

Trizoy

VIP Member
Whats the beep code? Could be a simple number... like beep beep beep, or it could be a series of beeps with a pause and more beeps... Listen and let us know.

unisole

beep 2 seconds beep 2 seconds beep 2 seconds.

ive done tht CHKDSK scan it scanned, then restarted went onto the same black screen now it says error loading operating system or something.

i think the beep is coming from my hard drive, ive opened up my pc and it seems to b beeping from there i fink.

I cant even get on my desktop now. (im on my other pc at mo)