[URGENT] Is it dangerous to be electrocuted for hours with low voltage?

bramarch

I bought a New Charger for my laptop.. But, I think it is not original as the seller told me. Because, the TouchPad Cursor is annoyingly uncontrolable - keeps shaking and randomly clicking all the time. I know it is because of the high voltage in the output of the charger.

So, when I put my hand under my laptop it works just fine..
That means, I lower the voltage using my body.. = I AM electrocuted !!!

Please, someone tells me if it is dangerous to my health..
And if there is any solution to fix this plz tell me. (I have already tried some undervolting software but, the blue page happened).

Thank you.

beers

Staff member
I'd probably suggest to forget whatever you think you know.

I get similar behavior on my chromebook, but that's from the plastic housing flexing. If you're careful with the chassis then it won't randomly click and similar.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
And you think this because......?

The electrical charge isn't going to transfer from the case of your laptop to your body. Plastic is not a conductor.

Also if you bought a charger with a higher voltage than the laptop calls for, you're surely going to kill your laptop.

strollin

Make sure the voltage of the charger for your laptop matches the voltage called for by the laptop EXACTLY. The amperage of the charger can be the same or higher than that called for by the laptop (never lower).

bramarch

NOOOOO Guys !! I am not saying I am elerocuted becuz of the plastic thing..
To move the cursor, I have to put my hand under my laptop case so I can move it without random shaking and clicking.

bramarch

.......... @beers, quoting doesn't work like that.

I am electrocuted => becuz I can feel it. :) and becuz my laptop's bottom has some metal (as a hard drive cover) ; without touching it I can't move the cursor. :)

I am not saying I am eletrocuted => becuz of the TouchPad plastic material.

Anyway, thanks guys for your help; totally appraciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geoff

VIP Member
I know it is because of the high voltage in the output of the charger.
What is the voltage and amperage of the stock charger? What is the new one you have?
This could be because of many reasons. I'm more than likely thinking it has to do with pressure against the trackpad fixing it.
No. What you may have is a grounding issue, and using your body as a ground isn't "electrocuting" you or lowering the voltage, you are simply fixing a poor ground.
Please, someone tells me if it is dangerous to my health..
No, but whatever you smoke is.
And if there is any solution to fix this plz tell me. (I have already tried some undervolting software but, the blue page happened).
Yes, get a factory replacement charger and not a third party one. Undervolting software is for undervolting your processor, video card, RAM, etc. Not for controlling the input voltage from your charger.