[URGENT]Someone is trying to hack me now?

victorti83plus

Hi,

I'm using Symantec antivirus. I put my computer in "stand-by" mode today and I turn it back on and this message pop out:

"NT Kernel System has changed since the last time you used it. This could happen if you have updated it recently. Click Detail to see more information. Do you want to allow it to access the network?"

Then I have two options(YES, NO). Which one should I choose?

Here is some more details:
The executable has changed since the last time you used C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
File Version: 6.0.6001.18145
File Description: NT Kernel & System
File Path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
Digital Signature:
Process ID: 0x8e0 (Hexadecimal) 2272 (Decimal)

Connection origin: local initiated
Protocol: UDP
Local Address: 192.168.0.100
Local Port: 138
Remote Name:
Remote Address: 192.168.0.255
Remote Port: 138 (NETBIOS-DGM - Browsing datagram responses of NetBIOS over TCP/IP)

Please help asap. Thanks

Last edited:

tremmor

so whats the problem........

ntoskrnl.exe
(and ntkrnlpa.exe on systems with Physical Address Extension support) is the kernel image for the family of Microsoft Windows NT operating systems. It provides the Kernel and Executive layers of the Windows NT kernel space, and is responsible for various system services such as hardware virtualisation, process and memory management, etc., thus making it a fundamental part of the system. It contains the Cache Manager, the Executive, the Kernel, the Security Reference Monitor, the Memory Manager, and the Scheduler, among other things.

relax...i would suspect an update.
ive checked and always did why a file has changed.

if i did suspect something i would post in the security section.

Last edited: