Urgent!

Sharon9460

Hi, My computer sees their is sound and the sound bar moves but i cant hear nothing? At all? Im using Vista 64bit Ultimate

Any help is appreciated :)

Last edited:

jaymack

Hi, My computer sees their is sound and the sound bar moves but i cant hear nothing? At all? Im using Vista 64bit Ultimate
You've just probably gone deaf!
Try the adjustments for volume and ensure the sound isn't muted. Unplug the connections and try again.

Regards

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
You've just probably gone deaf!
Try the adjustments for volume and ensure the sound isn't muted. Unplug the connections and try again.

Regards

Have some manners.

Welcome to the forum Sharon.

Make sure the port configuration is correct, meaning you plugged the speakers into the right port. it is usually green in color.
You should see something like this

bengal85

make sure that you are plugged in right the color on the end of the cord from your speakers will match the color of the port on the back of your computer.

if this does not help check your sound settings

if you still have the problem you may need to look into a new sound card

Sharon9460

Shady; Can you tell me how you got to that screen please?

Also my other speakers through USB port work? But whenever i plug my other speakers into the right sockets and un-plug the USB speakers, The computer sees their is sound but i cant hear nothing?

jaymack

Start - Control Panel - Realtek HD Audio Manager will get you there.
Do you have headphones you can plug in try the output sockets?

Regards

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
My audio doesnt work through the normal way but it does through USB? (yes i have the correct card), And some of my USB ports are readining anything put into them?
You mean if you plug in a USB headset or something you can hear sound out of it but not if you plug speakers into your sound card? If so, USB headsets drive their sound differently, check that you have all the proper drivers for your sound card.

You might also want to check that you have the right sound card assigned in Windows Sounds and Audio Devices settings.

Sharon9460

Thanks for the help so far, heres some screens

9qjinq.jpg

2808suf.jpg

Shady

<b>VIP Member</b>
You dont seem to have anything plugged into your back panel. plug your headphones\speakers into the back panels green port. a window will pop up, select headphones.
Is this a laptop?