USB 3.0 drives

PunterCam

Hi all,

I'm after a decent external usb3.0 drive. Ideally 4tb, but I'd buy a 2 or a 3 if I happen to be feeling cheap.

Simply put, I want one with the "b" (?) format connector - the one that looks like a slightly bigger printer cable connector. I've broken two of those micro usb 3 connectors already (the thin, wide ones), and I just can't be arsed tolerating crap design anymore.

Ideally it'd be buss powered, but I very much doubt that exists. So a desktop powered, 2, 3, or 4tb hard drive, usb3, but with a big chinky connector that actually works!

The only one I've seen so far is by Hitachi, I think sold through their touro(?) brand, but I'm not sure if they're any use.

Any advice or suggestions based on experiences?

C

Tuffie

Almost all the main manufacturers make a 2/3/4TB drives, anything that is usb 3.0 is going to have a Micro-B plug or less as likely a Standard-B plug either of these will satisfy your durability needs. It's up to you to decide who you like, all of the manufactures will be supplying what you want..

If it's really important to you, you can have a loke at failure rates online to get a picture of what is most likely to last the longest for you.

I highly doubt you'll find anything larger then a 1TB drive that is bus powered, onwards from 1TB will require multiple drives and far more power then what BUS can provide.