usb controler analogs broblem

tadaskr

Hello,
Yesterday I buy new Canyon CNG-GP2 gamepad and there is problem with analogs. I try to calibrate, but there isn't in centered position. Mechanicly it is in center position, but Windows 7 and XP on VmWare workstation show that it is turned a little bit. What solotions can be for this or I need to get back to shop?

Zatharus

VIP Member
This is common with analog equipment. That is what "dead zones" are for. Set your dead zone large enough so that you have to move the sticks out of them for any input to be registered.

tadaskr

Is this before or after you calibrate? If you follow the calibration steps, it should fix it...

This was after and before i calibrate. Only left analog working after it, but right doesn't
there what is when i calibrating and leave on center position
capture1kd.gif

and
capturee.gif

It should be on 50% but now it isn't

sniperchang

Try the calibration again, but this time when it says not to move the joystick, just shake the controller and move the controller forcefully up/down, side to side, forward and backwards without touching the analog. (this way, if it's moving a little in the middle, the calibration will take that into account).

sniperchang

hmm, then you'll have to use dead zones like Zatharus said.

EDIT: You shook the controller when the calibration said not to touch the analog, right?

maki

banned
Hi,
If anyone needs to program for the XBox gamepad, at least they'll have a starting point. I'm not an expert at programming so the driver is not perfect but it works. I will continue working on the driver and commenting as much as I can of the source code.

Thanks