Usb device not present in BIOS

Hkcuong

Hi, I'm back. I have a motherboard named GA-H61M-DS2 rev 5.0 (pretty old, huh?). I can't find any usb device in the BIOS although I have plugged in the device (USB DVD RW). I can't see any option except the HDD. What can I do
Many thanks.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Check disk management to see if its listed there. It might not show up in bios, it may show up as general HDD, depending on bios. Does the device show up in windows?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As I said, check disk management. We need to figure out if its getting detected but nothing else or not getting detected at all. Can you post a screenshot of this screen?

disk management.jpg

Pupp

I installed the Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 card in my computer yesterday. I didn't see anything show up in Windows 10 device manager, but I tested it by plugging a USB type C usb hub into one of the thunderbolt ports, and the external disc drive on the hub showed up just fine.

I opened a ticket on Gigabyte wondering about that, and if it should still work if I get a (rather expensive), Thunderbolt 3 dock on it.
Considering the USB hub worked perfectly, I'm guessing a Thunderbolt 3 dock would work as intended.

FYI: The card is like an extension of the MB itself. It can only be installed on a certain port, and it has a direct path to the CPU at 40GB, which passes through the Thunderbolt 3 chipset. Also, for anybody wondering why Thunderbolt 3 cables cost a small fortune: they are "active" cables, which means there is an actual chip on each end of the physical cable that does error correcting, plus the cable itself is a far higher quality than a regular USB Type C cable, as far as the electrical properties and stuff.

Considering I bought the thunderbolt 3 card and still have no need for a video card.... :p