USB device to BOSD problem

M0ddingMan1a

hey guys, so this is a very strange problem that i've gotten out of no where on both my laptop and my desktop.

when i insert a USB flash drive, any type of media card (SD, XD, MMC, etc) or sometimes even a dvd, my system would lock up then display a BSOD then reboots it self. so a safe way is to have the computer shut off, and have the USB drive or media card already in the slot before i turn on the computer. i have noooooo idea what the hell is going on or how it got to be like this. i've had this problem for a while now and have not figured out how to fix it so i thought i'd try asking others.

Its really annoying that my system shuts every time i have to use a media card or usb drive. i have no idea of how to go about fixing it. anyone have or heard of this problem? wat are ur suggestions. any useful input is cool. thanks in advance

M0ddingMan1a

my desktop is a custom made. its in my sig as the entertainment rig. as for my laptop, it is a hp pavilion dv6000. both are running windows XP Pro.

Respital

Are you able to get the error code from the BSOD?
If so it would help in diagnosing your problem.
If not try and get it as it's the most vital information you can probably get from a BSOD.