USB disk on WiFi router not working

haastre

I have a Sitecom X8 AC1750 WiFi access point, with 2 USB ports. When I plug an old IOMEGA disk, capacity 120G, into the port on the router, I can access the contents on my PC's and via an Android tablet.
Since the capacity of the old disk is not enough anymore for backups, I wanted to replace the disk by a Toshiba disk of size 1T. But alas, as soon as I plug the new disk in, I hear that it starts spinning and the LED indicator is continuously blinking for quit some time. On my PC and tablet it is not possible to find the disk in the network.
The Toshiba disk still works okay when I plug it directly in into my PC. The disk has been formatted as NTFS. But my old IOMEGA disk is also an NTFS disk, so the Sitecom router is obviosly able to work with that format. Or is there a difference in the NTFS formats depending on the disk sizes?
I hope that somebody would be able to help me with this problem. Thanks in advance.

haastre

Thank you, but what settings could I have missed? The router is able to access some of my USB disks, so the USB port is enabled in the router, including userid and password for the SMBserver in the router. Only one peculiar disk doesn't work with this SMBserver. I don't have the faintest idea what special settings are required for an USBdisk, other than that the file system with which it is formatted must be a supported one. I have all my USB disks formatted as NTFS.