USB headers

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Ugh...this build for my room mate is being one pain in the ass! OK, everything's in the case, but the front pannel stuff isn't totally connected. The only connections I'm really worried about are the USB. Unlike most cases, each wire is separate! What's more confusing, they don't match up with the manual!

So, I have 1+D, 1-D, 1+5v, and GRND. There's another that's 2+D...etc. The manual shows two VCCs, USB0-, USB0+, USB1-, USB1+, and two GND. Can anyone confirm this?

1+D = USB0+
1-D = USB0-
1+5v = VCC0
2+D = USB1+
2-D = USB1-
2+5v = VCC1
GRND = GND (duh :p)

Stuff like audio I know is fine because it won't damage things if wires are backwards. But I don't know about USB. If some of the live wires are crossed, I could see it doing some damage to devices plugged up.

StrangleHold

Staff member
It seems to look right, as long as you have the 2 5V pluged to a VCC it should not hurt anything if the other ones are wrong!

SirKenin

banned
The 2D matches up with the USB1 and the 1D matches up with the USB0. The +5V matches up to the VCC. The grounds are common. You have it right. Fear not.

Arm_Pit

banned
Yeah, that should be right.

In a way you can be glad that you didn't get a vase where they are one plug, then get a motherbaord that doesn't fit it :/ They arn't all the same I have run into that problem before.