USB Memory on my PS3 help please!

accent

Hi I'm new to the forums, and I have a little problem.

I recently got a PS3, but found that my iPod wouldn't play tracks or even show them.

I wonder if it is likely a Sony USB flash memory device would be recognised by the PS3, if anyone knows? I could then trabsfer my music files on PC to it then to the PS3.

In addition, I would like to know if these devices can store documents from MS Word on them? This would be handy as I am a student at University and am sick of carrying floppy disks lol.

So to sum up, I'm looking for a device that 1. Stores music files on a PS3 supported format and which can be transferred and played on the PS3, and
2. Stores MS Word files to transfer to a PC at Universitry via USB.

Thankyou.:)

So I'm

Marzeth

I too have an iPod and it's all I use for my music, video and file transfer needs. But there are a few things you need to know.

1. The iPod stores music through iTunes using a systematic method which basically messes and shuffles songs so that it's much harder for you to use any other software to access the music. To solve this, just use your iPod as a USB Drive and copy your music. In the XMB, go to the music section and when you select the USB iPod, press Triangle and select Show All. This will show you all folders on it and sound files. Like that, you can copy the songs you want to your PS3's HDD.

2. Using your iPod as a USB Flash Drive, as explained above. If you have Windows XP, once you plug your iPod, treat it as a disk drive or flash drive. Open "My Computer", open the iPod drive, and place your files in it. That's all.

Hope it helps!

You can surely use the iPod to transfer files. All you do is