"USB Networking" vrs "Ethernet Networking" , Which one is Faster ?

JEsky

Hey all. Got a question. Which has a faster data transfer rate and runs better ? The Ethernet Network or USB Network ?
The network im running at home between 2 puters is ethernet , and i have some conflicts , my puter ( the host / server ) can to straight into the other puter via the My Network Places in XP , but the other puter can take a few mins to find my puter and log to it ... but it shares the internet perfect , and runs LAN games great ( avg ping of about 30 .... ( Battle Field Veit ) ) but the other puter cant print , the printer is on my puter , and the print share is turned on , and network is allowed in the firewall. The anti-virus fire wall is off and the xp firewall in both is off aswell ... So im gunna try a usb network and see if that fix's the probs.

Any tips / advice would be helpful...

Thx All

JEsky
:eek:

maymaythar

All ur partner need to be in the same network to share a printer.
Make sure he has a driver for that printer.

Never use before USB network. Theoritically USB 2.0 network should be faster than LAN 100MBps. but now gigabit eather net is the fastest can support 1Gb/s. But for home networking, I dont think you need that bandwidth and Standard LAN 100MBps is sufficient.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all. Got a question. Which has a faster data transfer rate and runs better ? The Ethernet Network or USB Network ?
Depends on the version of ethernet and USB you're talking about
- Thicknet (100Mbit) ... realistic throughput 80Mbit
- Thinnet (10Mbit) ... realistically 8.5Mbit
- USB1.1 (12Mbit) .. realistically 6Mbit
- USB2.0 (480Mbit) ... realistically 50-90Mbit