USB Ports Not working???

Sasnz

Hello everybody. I am having trouble getting my USB ports to read anything, funnily enough i have had computer and game accesories all going on the usb ports and i unplugged everthing about 2 weeks ago and havent had any need to use them untill this week when i needed to print a document. All the ports in the device manager say they are working properly but their is no noise when plugging in or recognition of new hardware on any of them :confused: . Havent done any major software installs in this time. got me a little puzzled. anyone here have any clues!!

S_Doherty

have you added any new hardware since you stopped using the USB ports? look in control panel and run the add/remove hardware wizard

Sasnz

No. Have added nothing that i can recall as in hardware. when i connected my printer back up and it wouldnt work, i uninstalled and reinstalled but still to no avail, cant think of anything else regards to installing

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried having Device Manager manually redetect? Tried the devices on other computers?

murphy0207

try this, create a system restore point, then in device manager go to universall serial bus controllers,you will find usb print support, right click then choose uninstall.you can then restart your pc and windows will re-install the correct drivers by default. had a similar problem and it worked for me!!!!!!!!!!!!