Jennfirezep
New Member
Hi everyone!
I need some help - can someone explain what is going on?!
I turned on a computer at work yesterday & the mouse & keyboard, both USB, wouldn't work. I unplugged them, restarted the computer, plugged them back in twice & then they worked.
Then, I got home, & all of my USB ports on my desktop wouldn't work! I tried the same thing several more times & nothing fixed the problem. What can I do?
Very strange... I came to work this morning & got on my computer. Everything was fine, until I started doing something else that left my computer idle. I went to move the mouse & again - keyboard & mouse wouldn't work! These are USB as well, but wireless. On the one's at home, the lights wouldn't work on the keyboard or mouse, but at work, the lights were on both the keyboard, mouse, & their wireless receivers. Also, my iphone is charging in a USB port & it wasn't charging anymore. I restarted the computer & now, all USB ports are working.
So, the one at home is still broken. I am probably going to bring home a keyboard/mouse with the actual keyboard/mouse plug-in so I can try to work on it. But any ideas? What's causing this?! It's insane!
Thank you for ANY advice or help you can lend
I need some help - can someone explain what is going on?!
I turned on a computer at work yesterday & the mouse & keyboard, both USB, wouldn't work. I unplugged them, restarted the computer, plugged them back in twice & then they worked.
Then, I got home, & all of my USB ports on my desktop wouldn't work! I tried the same thing several more times & nothing fixed the problem. What can I do?
Very strange... I came to work this morning & got on my computer. Everything was fine, until I started doing something else that left my computer idle. I went to move the mouse & again - keyboard & mouse wouldn't work! These are USB as well, but wireless. On the one's at home, the lights wouldn't work on the keyboard or mouse, but at work, the lights were on both the keyboard, mouse, & their wireless receivers. Also, my iphone is charging in a USB port & it wasn't charging anymore. I restarted the computer & now, all USB ports are working.
So, the one at home is still broken. I am probably going to bring home a keyboard/mouse with the actual keyboard/mouse plug-in so I can try to work on it. But any ideas? What's causing this?! It's insane!
Thank you for ANY advice or help you can lend