Using home Stereo as PC speakers

SirKenin

banned
No PC sound hardware is a match for a seperates HI Fi setup I have My PC pluged into An ARCAM A85 Amp and Bowers & Wilkins 603 Speakers. Only trouble is war games bring plaster off the walls.

I like the 603s actually. The Arcam.. I like them.. Not quite the sound I'm into, but still a very clean piece. I love their CD transports.

I can't see how plaster flying is a bad thing though.. It adds to the game experience.. :p

SirKenin

banned
Bose is the bane of the audiophile's existence. They've never mastered the art. They're claim to fame is "lots of sound from itty bitty speakers". Not good sound, mind ya.. just lots of it.

Motoxrdude

I have an old pioneer receiver hooked up to my pc right now. It has two 10" subs in the back along with two 3" mid range drivers and two 1" silk dome tweeters. The front are some bookshelf speakers that I picked up from bestbuy for a few hundred. All in all they sound very nice.

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I had mine hooked up, i still do from time to time.

Mines a 600w 6.1 Sony receiver with 4x 250w floor speakers

G25r8cer

Heres my rigged out "surround" sound. LOL

P1010063.jpg

cohen

i used to have a surround system with to rear and 2 front (no sub) and then i went and bought Logitech X 540's so i'm happy and i love them :D