using Ntune and Nvidia control panel

happeharkore

I have the latest control panel and i have Ntune, but i cant find the option to chante my GPU settings (core bus and memory bus) i want it to automatically overclock my video card cause i know i would end up messing up. ive searched around for how i can get it going and all i can seem to find is people talking about the fact that they did get it working, but not how they did it. can anyone lend me a hand. or at least tell me a different program that will adjust core and memory automatically, except ATI tool lol. that one only does one of em at a time, and it gets mad at me when i have overclocked one already and i start to do the other one while the first is overclocked. thanx in advance for any help. btw i have an Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS.

Freestylingford

So far I have only had luck with riva tuner actually overclocking and setting my fan speeds automatically at startup. You must first get everything set the way you want it check the box that says load at startup and save. You must also do this for the fan setting and its the next tab after the overclock settings.

I can't ever get a profile to load with ntune. It shows in the system description that the particular profile is loaded but the fan speeds and clock speeds are not correct.

So I suggest use riva tuner.

happeharkore

well i have downloaded and installed ntune, but it doesnt show up in my programs list. does anyone know where to find it?

Freestylingford

Ntune control panel should be there if you right click on the desktop there should be a Nvidia Control panel selection then if you do have ntune fully installed on your computer there should be a performance section you will have to agree that the card is your baby before you start to overclock then it will open up more selections to tweak your card and system bios if its a compatible MOBO but its not recommended to mess with the bios section as i have done it just for kicks and its not that stable.

happeharkore

Ntune control panel should be there if you right click on the desktop there should be a Nvidia Control panel selection then if you do have ntune fully installed on your computer there should be a performance section you will have to agree that the card is your baby before you start to overclock then it will open up more selections to tweak your card and system bios if its a compatible MOBO but its not recommended to mess with the bios section as i have done it just for kicks and its not that stable.

i had the performance section, then i agreed to it. then the menu turned white and came back and there wasnt a performance section anymore. any idea why that happened?

Freestylingford

Wow I would be disappointed at that too. I suggest a re installation after a complete unistall of ntune and a new download of it, don't use the zip file that was downloaded get a new one. Try that and good luck. But i would use riva tuner anyway if i were you.