Are you getting the Veizon iPhone?

• Yes, coming from AT&T

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, coming from another provider

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Geoff

VIP Member
I'm curious to see in a poll forum who will be getting the new Verizon iPhone, and if they are coming from AT&T or other providers, or if they already have Verizon.

I myself had AT&T for since 2007, started off with Windows Mobile phones like the Samsung Blackjack, then bought an iPhone 3G 8GB several months after it was released. I terminated my contract with them last summer and paid an ETF just so I can get a provider that has better coverage. I've had Verizon since last summer with a Motorola Droid, which I love, but I am still not sure yet if I want to jump on an iPhone 4 yet. I have 9 months before I am eligible for an upgrade, so either I ride it out until November or I pay full price. I'm still not sure yet if there will be an iPhone 4(S)/5 this summer though.

EDIT: Crap, I spelled Verizon wrong in the title :(

Last edited:

MyCattMaxx

I use Verizon. I have no use for an IPhone. I only use my phone as a phone. It is internet capable but I have no need.

Troncoso

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1583358 said:
I'm curious to see in a poll forum who will be getting the new Verizon iPhone, and if they are coming from AT&T or other providers, or if they already have Verizon.

I myself had AT&T for since 2007, started off with Windows Mobile phones like the Samsung Blackjack, then bought an iPhone 3G 8GB several months after it was released. I terminated my contract with them last summer and paid an ETF just so I can get a provider that has better coverage. I've had Verizon since last summer with a Motorola Droid, which I love, but I am still not sure yet if I want to jump on an iPhone 4 yet. I have 9 months before I am eligible for an upgrade, so either I ride it out until November or I pay full price. I'm still not sure yet if there will be an iPhone 4(S)/5 this summer though.

EDIT: Crap, I spelled Verizon wrong in the title :(

I'm in the same dilemma as you are. I'd like a new phone but I still have a few months before I can upgrade. BUT! I talked to a guy on the verizon website and he said if I wanted to get a new phone at 2 year price, to just add a new line to my contract. The only downside is your bill goes up 10 dollars a month. But that's still cheaper than paying full price

Rit

I have verizon at the moment, but I don't see the need for an iphone since I already have an iTouch. And I do like the fact that they are not together (phone & entertainment toy).

Geoff

VIP Member
I'm in the same dilemma as you are. I'd like a new phone but I still have a few months before I can upgrade. BUT! I talked to a guy on the verizon website and he said if I wanted to get a new phone at 2 year price, to just add a new line to my contract. The only downside is your bill goes up 10 dollars a month. But that's still cheaper than paying full price
Interesting, would the iPhone and your existing phone share the same plan? It seems worth $10 more per month to have two phones too, you could keep one as a permanent WiFi hotspot for instance and use the other for your actual phone. Although you wouldn't be able to keep your existing number when you moved to the iPhone, at least I wouldn't think so.

speedyink

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1583559 said:
Interesting, would the iPhone and your existing phone share the same plan? It seems worth $10 more per month to have two phones too, you could keep one as a permanent WiFi hotspot for instance and use the other for your actual phone. Although you wouldn't be able to keep your existing number when you moved to the iPhone, at least I wouldn't think so.

2 phones? Now your getting crazy..I'd say wait it out man, you've already got a Droid, whats the rush?

I have verizon at the moment, but I don't see the need for an iphone since I already have an iTouch. And I do like the fact that they are not together (phone & entertainment toy).

I do like this as well. Anyone with a smartphone already knows that when your start going nuts on the thing the battery life is less than optimal. So I got an itouch with my mastercard points to throw movies and some games on, whereas I use my HTC Legend for everything else. I still have to use the legend for emulators, but my battery lasts at least a day or two now.

Troncoso

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1583559 said:

If you did that it would cost more like 39.99 more a month. No, what it is, you add a line pick out your phone, pay the 2 year price, then take the phone off that line and switch it as your phone. Then you can keep, sell, or do whatever with your old phone.

If you wanted to keep both phones on your plan though, you could, but the 10 dollars is just to have that extra line. An other features would cost more.

Geoff

VIP Member
If you did that it would cost more like 39.99 more a month. No, what it is, you add a line pick out your phone, pay the 2 year price, then take the phone off that line and switch it as your phone. Then you can keep, sell, or do whatever with your old phone.

If you wanted to keep both phones on your plan though, you could, but the 10 dollars is just to have that extra line. An other features would cost more.

Wouldn't you need to pay an ETF for the line you closed though?

Geoff

VIP Member
Yes. That's why it costs 10 more dollars a month.
I'm just trying to get this straight. So what you're saying is if I have a plan currently with one line which is not eligible for an upgrade, I add a second line and get the iPhone, which only cost $10? Then I swap the iPhone for my Droid but keep the second line for $10 per month? I guess I'm just not clear on how Verizon would let me add an iPhone to my $70 monthly plan for only $10, don't they require at least a separate data plan for each phone?

Troncoso

VIP Member
You almost got:

You have line 1 with your droid
You want the iPhone but cant upgrade yet
Go to verizon and add a new line
Pay the 2 year price for the iPhone
Then take the iPhone off the 2nd line and put it on the 1st
The 2nd line doesn't require a phone on it. You can just have the extra line available on your plan. The cost of each extra line is 10 dollars. So if you don't put a phone on it, it'll just add 10 dollars to the plan. Haha that is more complicated than I thought

bkribbs

Yeah. They are nice. But if your like me, and you are staying on verizon, its great. Although id an iphone anyways.

speedyink

VIP Member

Are you sure? They usually make you at least get a data plan too in order to get the discount.