very slow laptop help needed

pjoseph2424

my laptop has been running very slow lately, basically use this laptop just to browse internet ect... not running any big programs.

-I have a licensed version of mal-ware bytes that i ran yesterday but did not find anything.

computer info is below thank you

20laptop .jpg

post a picture of your installed programs and startup programs
have you considered a complete re-install of windows maybe with windows 10

beers

Staff member
What hard drive do you have in that beast? Any recent drops/shocks/fumbling?

pjoseph2424

no drops, its a laptop but used as a desktop for most part does not leave my desk.
no idea on the motherboard not even sure how to check

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What model of laptop is this? So are you saying that the whole system is slow or just internet? Use task manager to check for disk and ram usage.

pjoseph2424

sorry it is hard to even post on here, it times out a lot, it is mostly online /internet related.

I work from home and have no issues at all with my work computer so i dont believe its my internet

Below are the startup items

start.jpg

beers

Staff member
Do you get the same behavior on both wifi and wired? What about using a phone hotspot? That would isolate the issue between the wireless NIC, the wired NIC, or your current internet.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
The disk and ram use look good. As Beers said try connecting wired and see if there is a difference. You could be having issues with the wifi adapter

try setting the high and medium impact programs to disabled in startup then uninstall any programs you dont use
also do a internet speed test and post results