Very slow

Summerman

Hello,

My computer is running very slow and i was wondering is i could do anything to help clean it out or make it go faster i have never run anything to clean it out or defragment it or anything so please help me.

spike2me

Clean up

Download CCleaner, delete temp files. Open My Computer, right click the C: drive choose Properties/Tools Tab/Defragment Now/Defragment. After that download, install www.malwarebytes.org and run a Full Scan, delete all nasties.

remixedcat

banned
Windows Server 2008 X64 enterprise

CPU Manufacturer
AMD
Monitor
LG
CPU Model
Phenom 9550 Quad
Sound Card
Creative Audigy 2
Motherboard
Asus M2N-SLI
Power Supply
Not defined
RAM
2048MB
Keyboard
Not defined
Hard Disk(s)
500GB
Mouse
Not defined
Gfx Card
Nvidia Geforce 8800GT 1GB
Casing
Not defined
Monitor Size
19"

chibicitiberiu

ram3.jpg

You should defragment the harddrive like every week, Defraggler can help. If that doesn't fix, use CCleaner to check for errors in registries that cause problems.

Last edited:
You should delete all those things from your computer which you think is useless and i am sure that it make speed up your computer but if that does not work then you should incease your ram.
138l1243.jpg

Kirara

01. Delete All from Directory C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temp
02. Start->Run ketik msconfig and enter. On StartUp please empty All then restart
03. Then On Your Harddisk Drive click right and properties. choose disk cleaup. choose all then ok. Do it same on another harddisk drive
04. Start->Programs->Accessories-> System Tools->Defragment. Do it on your another Harddisk Drive either
05. Use Advanced System Care http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html#. you can download it free. Using that can made your computer more faster. ASC can scan for spyware, defragment, release memory, disk cleanup and much more.
i hope this useful

Last edited:

koncling

defrag your HardDisk, download CCleaner, download clean up, delet unnecesary program from your PC.

upgrade your RAM....:D

Jeanne

banned
Why do not you defragment disk?

It is quite useful for your computer. You need to do that immediately and regularly.
If you have too many files in the computer, it is better once a week.

Good luck.

driverdj2000

YEP,ccleaner and defraggler should be run weekly.
also msconfig to prevent pain in the ass programs from starting themselves,
more ram,virus scan.
sometimes backing up your files and reinstalling or recovering your o.s. (although time consuming) can be a good option if u want a fresh start.

Jeanne

banned
Of course, you can.

Just follow the steps below:

In fact, almost the temporary files are restored in the C:/Docucments and Settings/Users’ name, you can remove them as follows:

1. Open C: /Documents and Settings/Users’ name/Cookies, delete all the files, because it restores the left index files when visiting websites.

2. In the C: /Documents and Settings/Users’ name/Local Settings/History, delete the files since they belong to history record.

3. In the C: /WINDOWS/Temp, remove all these temporary files.

4. In the C:/Documents and Settings/Users’ name/Local Settings/Temp, remove such user’s temporary visiting files.

5. Open C:/Documents and Settings/Users’ name/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files, delete all the page files.

6. In the C:/Documents and Settings/Users’ name/Recent folder, you can delete all these shortcuts of recent browsed files.

7. In the C: /WINDOWS/Software Distribution/download, get rid of all the temporary files when downloading.

8. In the C: /WINDOWS/Driver Cache/386, delete all the compressed files.

And then, you can clean regsitry. Well I turn to a third-party tool rather than do that by myself.
Go to this article, find more methods: http://ezinearticles.com/?Fix-Slow-PC---How-to-Speed-Up-PC-As-Fast-As-Possible&id=3704332