VGA Controller Driver

music_robot

New Member
Hey guys/gals,

I have an HP Pavillion a6110n with an LG Flatron L222WT LCD Monitor. HP by default, installs vista on their computers now, and as a result, no longer offers support for XP on their computers. I have recently downgraded to XP SP2 after much frustration and feeling as though I had been kicked while I was down for supporting such an unstable OS.

However, I cannot play games and when browsing the net or explorer folders, every time I scroll down a page (whether it be with the mouse or keyboard), it lags terribly. I have been told that I need to install the drivers for my displays. I have already replaced my NVIDIA graphics card drivers, however, I cannot find any way of fixing the issue with the VGA Controller.

When I go into display > settings > advanced > monitor, the option to change from default is grayed out as well as all of the other buttons on that tab.

I would appreciate any help you can give me, and the sooner the better! :o

Thanks to everyone for this awesome site and making a great community!


Cheers
 
Ok... well, i checked that model, and there was a previous thread on HP's Business Forums. I suggest you look through it, make sure you have the latest versions of the drivers. It should help you out. XP Downgrade. Post your progress and if you still have problems, we'll try other things :). Good luck.
 
Back
Top