Vga,dvi,hdmi

I'm just wondering which one is the best output? My graphics card has a VGA and a HDMI connector, so currently I'm using the HDMI because I suppose it's the best. But what is the difference I should actually be noticing because from what I see it doesn't look any different.
 
HDMI is better but i dont know all the technical reasons. However just to give you an idea, i have a 50" screen 1080p plasma tv that i play both 720p and 1080p movies on it and have yet to see any real difference in quality.:confused:
 
Please correct me if i'm wrong and this is not the only diff. but I believe as resolution increases you will see the diff. Something to do with bandwidth. like the diff. between a 56k modem and ethernet.
 
HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) carrys video as well as soung. I don't know about HD tv's but if the screen has sound or speaker ports then it will be more useful.
 
this is driving me crazy i remember reading something about the differences

from what i vaguley rememeber vga has no limit on the max resoultions supported where as hdmi does.
but i cant find what i read to back it up
HDMI does transfer sound aswell but not so handy unless you have some way to output sound through ur gpu
 
Correct me if im mistaken-VGA is analog,
DVI and HDMI are digital but i think HDMI has a higher throughput and bandwidth than DVI
 
Well, my monitor is actually a monitor/tv so it does have speakers. I see no reason to ever use them if I have a better sound system infront of me.
 
Back
Top