VGA...No input

jomcandrew

New Member
Hi, Can someone help me with this problem? I literally moved my computer about 6 feet but had to undo the cords and untangle etc. Now my monitor won't work. I keep getting the message, VGA no input...Monitor going to sleep. Can anyone explain this to me? I have checked and recheck the cords and don't see anything different or wrong.
Thank so much!!! :(
 
You might have jiggled your video card loose if it has a dedicated card. Open the case and make sure everything is tight, you might have to remove the video card and reseat it.
 
Ok, by that you mean in the tower, correct? Not to sound dumb, but I just want to make sure I know what you mean. I have opened the tower before to check things so I can make my way around that. Thank you so much.
 
Ok, by that you mean in the tower, correct? Not to sound dumb, but I just want to make sure I know what you mean. I have opened the tower before to check things so I can make my way around that. Thank you so much.

Is there a dedicated video card in the PCI-e 2.0 x16 slot?

They look like this: (The blue ones)
Diamond_PCIe.jpg
 
video card

I do not know. I was out and don't want to start working in it now. I will open it in the morning. I am checking to see if mine looks like the blue ones and if they are loose?
 
I do not know. I was out and don't want to start working in it now. I will open it in the morning. I am checking to see if mine looks like the blue ones and if they are loose?

No, see if there are any video cards in there. If there is, try to push it back into place. This is a pre-built computer, I presume?
 
???

And everything is tight. I was trying to figure out how to upload a picture and my boyfriend kept turning it in and off and all of a sudden the message came up then went away and the windows program started! I have no idea why. While it wouldn't work the fans were running really load. Now they are quiet. I know it's a long shot but does anyone have any ideas? Did the fans have something to do with it? I don't think anything was loose cause it was still not working for a while then just kicked in...Thanks for any help you can give me in case it happens again!
Thank you.
 
Back
Top